Steelheads blanked by Aces, despite thirty-three shot effort
ANCHORAGE, ALASKA-- The Idaho Steelheads (13-9-2) fell tonight in Alaska by a 3-0 score in front of 4,162 fans at the Sullivan Arena in Anchorage. The Alaska Aces (15-7-1) scored first, and never looked back.
The first period was a back-and-forth battle, as the teams combined for only seven shots in the frame.
In the second period, the Aces struck first, as Erik Fabian scored his first of the season with 10 seconds to go in the frame; the assists on the goal were given to Vladimir Novak and Brett Hemingway. The second period did yield the game's first fight, as Alaska's Lance Galbraith dropped the mitts with Idaho's Matt Stephenson; tonight's contest marked Galbraith's first action against his former team this year. The second period also saw each team's penalty kill unit kill off five-on-three power plays.
The third period saw two goals, each coming from Alaska, as Fabian scored his second of the game, and second of the year at 17:48 to open the period's scoring. Assists went to Novak and Hemingway. Novak added an empty netter with 0:36 remaining to secure the victory for the Aces. At 19:25, Idaho's Kris Sparre dropped the gloves with Jordan Foreman of the Aces.
Rejean Beauchemin fell to 7-4-2 with the loss; he stopped 12 of 14 shots. Lamoureux improved to 12-5-1, picked up his third shutout of the year, and stopped all 33 Idaho shots he faced this evening.
The Idaho Steelheads are the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. A variety of Season Ticket Plans for the 2008-09 season, with reduced pricing in some sections, are now available by calling (208) 383.0080 or visiting the team's website at www.idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 13, 2008
- Falcons fall 5-1 - Fresno Falcons
- Utah rallies for four goals in final 21 minutes - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Win Second-Straight Over Stockton - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Fall in Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Morin's Four Goals Pace Stingrays Past Florida, 7-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades drop second straight to Stingrays, 7-3 - Florida Everblades
- Nailers defeat Reading Royals for 4th win in last 5 games. - Wheeling Nailers
- Sea Wolves stop Gladiators 4-2 - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Gladiators Fall 4-2 to Sea Wolves - Atlanta Gladiators
- Checkers stun Cyclones, win 3-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Costs Cincinnati Cyclones In 3-2 Defeat - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wranglers storm back on Condors, 5-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Blades get Leggio back from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Wranglers Late Surge Downs Condors 5-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Game Preview: Ontario Reign Vs Fresno Falcons - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Goepfert Called up to Hershey Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bakersfield Condors vs. Las Vegas Wranglers - Bakersfield Condors
- Dupuis, Rodney Increase ECHL Players In NHL To 382 - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Lamoureux Silences Steelheads, Aces Win 3-0 - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads blanked by Aces, despite thirty-three shot effort - Idaho Steelheads
- Falcons top Condors in overtime, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Falcons Win in Overtime - Fresno Falcons
- Salmon Kings Shutout Roadrunners - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.