Thunder Receives ECHL Ticket Department Award
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder has been selected as co-winner of the ECHL Ticket Department of the Year Award for 2005-06, Thunder president Dan Chapman announced today in conjunction with the ECHL.
"We are thrilled to be recognized by the ECHL with this prestigious award," said Chapman. "Our front office did an outstanding job last year and we will continue to work hard in the future to sustain these kinds of results."
An ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Phoenix Coyotes, the Thunder drew 228,364 fans to Stockton Arena in its inaugural season, the ECHL's best attendance mark for 2005-06 and the first team to capture the top attendance mark since 1999-00, other than the Florida Everblades. The Thunder also tallied the ECHL's highest attendance figure since the 2001-02 season, when the Everblades drew a league-high 238,296 fans.
Guided by Vice President of Sales Dave Piecuch, Director of Group Sales Alex Geche and Account Executives Ryan Amos, Alex Beer, Marlena Aranda and Kirk Goodman, the Thunder posted five sellouts at Stockton Arena in 2005-06, including a capacity crowd 10,117 on four occasions, along with the first sporting event in Stockton Arena history on December 10, 2005. In the last 10 home games, the Thunder also drew 73,830 total fans into Stockton Arena, an average of 7,383 fans per game, capped off by the organization's "Beat the 'Blades" campaign.
"Our sales staff worked very hard this season and we are very happy that our dedication was rewarded," said Piecuch. "At the same time, we owe a world of thank you's to our loyal season ticket holders and fans, because it's their loyal support that made the Stockton Thunder such a great success in our inaugural season."
TOP-10 THUNDER 2005-06 HOME CROWDS:
1. 10,117 - vs. Phoenix (12/10/05 - W, 4-0) *
vs. Long Beach (1/28/06 - T, 1-2) *
vs. Fresno (2/11/06 - L, 3-5) *
vs. Victoria (3/24/06 - W, 4-2) *
5. 9,275 - vs. San Diego (4/8/06 - W, 4-2)
6. 8,923 - vs. Alaska (2/4/06 - L, 2-8) *
7. 8,675 - vs. Victoria (3/25/06 - L, 2-3)
8. 8,649 - vs. Dayton (3/4/06 - W, 5-2)
9. 8,259 - vs. Bakersfield (4/7/06 - L, 3-5)
10. 8,147 - vs. Bakersfield (2/25/06 - T, 2-3)
* Denotes sellout
The Las Vegas Wranglers were also honored as co-winner of the award. Information on the Thunder 2006-07 regular season schedule, including the home opener, will be announced soon.
Thunder season tickets for the 2006-07 season are on-sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.stocktonthunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 14, 2006
- Titans Tab Williams as assistant coach - Trenton Devils
- Curtin and Plourde Re-sign with Falcons - Fresno Falcons
- Wranglers' Lucero named Ticket Executive of the Year - Las Vegas Wranglers
- San Diego Receives ECHL Marketing Award - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Receive ECHL Marketing Award - San Diego Gulls
- Thunder Receives ECHL Ticket Department Award - Stockton Thunder
- Dallas Stars sign one-year affiliation extension with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Wheeling's Clutter, Las Vegas' Lucero Share Ticket Award - ECHL
- Clutter Receives ECHL Ticket Executive of the Year Award - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers named as ticket staff of the year - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Las Vegas, Stockton Share Ticket Department Award - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls