Las Vegas, Stockton Share Ticket Department Award
June 14, 2006 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Wednesday that the Las Vegas
Wranglers and the Stockton Thunder have been selected as the winners of the
ECHL Ticket Department of the Year Award for 2005-06.
Headed by Ticket Sales Manager Jim Renner, Las Vegas raised its attendance
more than 6.5 percent and ranked sixth in the league with 5,531 per game.
In addition to Renner, the Wranglers ticket sales staff has Senior Ticket
Account Executive Danielle Lucero, Ticket Account Executives Tara Bost,
Victor DeMarco, Paul Sansone and Zack Sharkey, and Client Services
Representative Kristi Weber.
Headed by Vice President of Sales Dave Piecuch, Stockton became the first
team other than Florida to lead the league in attendance in the past five
years as the first-year Thunder drew 228,364 and averaged 6,343 per game,
including five sellouts at the new Stockton Arena. In addition to Piecuch,
the Thunder ticket sales staff has Director of Group Sales Alex Geche,
Account Executives Ryan Amos, Marlena Aranda, Alex Beer and Kirk Goodman.
The ECHL raised its average attendance for the third straight year in
2005-06 drawing 3,934,794 for 900 games which is an average of 4,372 per
game, an increase of more than nine percent from 2004-05 and the largest
per-game average since 1999-2000. Six teams surpassed 200,000 and nine
teams averaged 5,000 per game for the first time since 1999-2000 as the
league welcomed 39 sellout crowds and 13 of the 22 returning teams raised
their average attendance from a year ago.
ECHL Ticket Department of the Year
2005-06 Las Vegas Wranglers and Stockton Thunder
2004-05 Bakersfield Condors and Long Beach Ice Dogs
2003-04 Alaska Aces
2002-03 Reading Royals
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 14, 2006
- Titans Tab Williams as assistant coach - Trenton Devils
- Curtin and Plourde Re-sign with Falcons - Fresno Falcons
- Wranglers' Lucero named Ticket Executive of the Year - Las Vegas Wranglers
- San Diego Receives ECHL Marketing Award - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Receive ECHL Marketing Award - San Diego Gulls
- Thunder Receives ECHL Ticket Department Award - Stockton Thunder
- Dallas Stars sign one-year affiliation extension with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Wheeling's Clutter, Las Vegas' Lucero Share Ticket Award - ECHL
- Clutter Receives ECHL Ticket Executive of the Year Award - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers named as ticket staff of the year - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Las Vegas, Stockton Share Ticket Department Award - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.