Griffins Announce New Front Office Hires
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Friday announced the hiring of Brandon Nelson as the director of game presentation and Mitchell Hoffman as the corporate partnerships fulfillment coordinator.
??A Peoria, Ill., native, Nelson comes to the Griffins after working as the director of game operations and community relations for the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings the last two-plus seasons. During his time in Kalamazoo, the Wings were a 2017-18 ECHL Game Operations of the Year nominee and became the first minor league sports team to obtain a licensing agreement from the Grateful Dead. In his new role with Grand Rapids, Nelson will be responsible for coordinating the season's promotional and giveaway schedule as well as directing game presentations.
??Nelson has also held positions with the St. Louis Cardinals, Peoria Chiefs and Peoria Rivermen and has worked over 1,250 professional games in an operations or presentation capacity after beginning his sports career as a mascot. He earned a marketing degree from Bradley University in 2010.
??Hoffman joins the Griffins on a full-time basis after serving as a corporate sales intern to begin the 2018-19 season. In his position, he will assist the corporate sales department by executing sponsorship agreements and managing the Griffins Kids Club.
??A native of Spring Lake, Mich., Hoffman graduated from Grand Valley State University in December 2018 with a degree in sports management.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Iowa Falls to San Antonio 3-1 - Iowa Wild
- Stars Win 4-3 in Overtime Thriller - Texas Stars
- Griffins Fall to Belleville in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wotherspoon scores overtime-winner as Bridgeport tops Utica in first of two meetings - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Edged by Monsters, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Fall in First of Two with Marlies - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Open Weekend with 6-3 Win over Pack - Providence Bruins
- Palmquist Scores in First PPL Center Sellout of 2019 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Take Down Checkers, 5-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Providence Bolts past Wolf Pack in Second - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Korostelev Nets Shootout Game-Winner as Monsters Stun Crunch, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Six-Goal Surge Propels T-Birds Past Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Drop Battle to Bridgeport in OT - Utica Comets
- Devils Win Third Straight in 2-1 Victory over Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Checkers Fall to Pens 5-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- T-Birds Score Five Unanswered, Drop Bears 6-2 - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire Defenseman Jan Rutta, Seventh Round Pick from Chicago Blackhawks - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Sign Forward Doherty to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Cleveland Monsters Announce Four Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Sabres Assign Smith to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Game #33 Preview: Tucson vs. Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Goloubef Joins Sens in Exchange for Carey - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Announce New Front Office Hires - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs Honor Rockford Heritage with Sock Monkey Night on February 9 - Rockford IceHogs
- Ottawa Recalls Elliott from Sens - Belleville Senators
- O'Connor Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- T-Birds Winger Anthony Greco Named to AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Springfield's Greco Added to Roster for 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Marlies Set for Home and Home against Amerks - Toronto Marlies
- Sens Acquire Klimchuk from Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Begin Second Half this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 11 - Belleville Senators
- Devils Sign Cormier to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Moose too Strong for Rocket - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Fall 4-0 to Manitoba Moose - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Promotions Set for Three Home Games Next Week
- Griffins Tied for Second After 5-2 Loss to Wolves
- Griffins Ink Spezia to PTO
- Winter Returns Just in Time for the Great Skate Winterfest this Weekend
- Division-Leading Griffins Tour Through Illinois, Host Milwaukee