Cleveland Monsters Announce Four Roster Moves
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Friday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, assigned goaltender Jean-Francois Berube and forward Eric Robinson to the Monsters and recalled forward Kevin Stenlund. Cleveland additionally announced Friday that the team signed forward Miles Koules to an AHL contract.
A 6'1", 176 lb. left-catching native of Repentigny, QC, Berube, 27, was selected by the Los Angeles Kings in the fourth round (95th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and supplied a record of 11-10-3 with a 2.94 goals-against average (GAA) and a .899 save percentage (S%) in 24 appearances for the Monsters this season. In 34 career NHL appearances spanning parts of three seasons from 2015-18 with the New York Islanders and the Chicago Blackhawks, Berube posted a 9-10-4 record with a 3.39 GAA and a .898 S%. In 149 career AHL appearances spanning parts of seven seasons from 2009-19 with the Manchester Monarchs, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Rockford IceHogs and Cleveland, Berube contributed a record of 89-48-7 with eight shutouts, a 2.40 GAA and a .912 S% and helped Manchester claim the 2015 Calder Cup as AHL Playoff Champions.
In parts of two ECHL seasons with the Ontario Reign from 2011-13, Berube notched a 32-19-6 record with five shutouts, a 2.62 GAA and a .908 S%. Prior to his proessional career, Berube logged a record of 55-37-10 with five shutouts, a 2.77 GAA and a .901 S% in 115 QMJHL appearances for the Montreal Juniors spanning parts of three seasons from 2008-11.
A 6'2", 201 lb. left-handed native of Bellmawr, New Jersey, Robinson, 23, appeared in three games for the Blue Jackets this season and posted a +1 rating in four career NHL appearances for Columbus spanning the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons. Additionally, Robinson supplied 10-9-19 with six penalty minutes and a +3 rating in 33 appearances for the Monsters this year. Prior to his professional career, Robinson contributed 39-28-67 with 74 penalty minutes and a -29 rating in 128 NCAA appearances for Princeton University spanning four seasons from 2014-18. In 50 USHL appearances for the Dubuque Fighting Saints during the 2013-14 season, Robinson notched 8-16-24 with 24 penalty minutes and a -1 rating.
A 6'4", 210 lb. right-handed native of Huddinge, Sweden, Stenlund, 22, was selected in the second-round (58th overall) by Columbus in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. In 33 appearances for Cleveland this season, Stenlund contributed 9-7-16 with ten penalty minutes and a -8 rating. In 40 career AHL appearances, all for the Monsters, spanning the past two seasons, Stenlund notched 9-9-18 with 14 penalty minutes and a -9 rating. In parts of four SHL seasons with HV71 from 2014-18, Stenlund supplied 22-23-45 with 66 penalty minutes and a +4 rating.
A 6'0", 192 lb. right-handed native of Los Angeles, CA, Koules, 24, appeared in two games for Cleveland earlier this season and added 2-0-2 with two penalty minutes and a -6 rating in 13 Liiga appearances for HIFK Helsinki in 2018-19. In 79 career AHL appearances for the Ontario Reign and Cleveland spanning parts of three seasons from 2016-18, Koules contributed 14-14-28 with 18 penalty minutes and a -17 rating. In 95 ECHL appearances for the Quad City Mallards, Wichita Thunder, Atlanta Gladiators and Tulsa Oilers spanning parts of two seasons from 2015-17, Koules notched 11-35-46 with 24 penalty minutes and a -7 rating.
Prior to his professional career, Koules supplied 71-79-150 with 99 penalty minutes and a +4 rating in 208 appearances for the WHL's Medecine Hat Tigers and Portland Winterhwaks spanning parts of three seasons from 2012-15 and added 9-13-22 with 50 penalty minutes and a -24 rating in 54 USHL appearances for USA Hockey's National Team Development Program spanning parts of two seasons from 2010-12.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday road clash vs. the Syracuse Crunch with full coverage, live from Onondaga County War Memorial Arena in Syracuse, NY, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Iowa Falls to San Antonio 3-1 - Iowa Wild
- Stars Win 4-3 in Overtime Thriller - Texas Stars
- Griffins Fall to Belleville in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wotherspoon scores overtime-winner as Bridgeport tops Utica in first of two meetings - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Edged by Monsters, 4-3, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Fall in First of Two with Marlies - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Open Weekend with 6-3 Win over Pack - Providence Bruins
- Palmquist Scores in First PPL Center Sellout of 2019 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Take Down Checkers, 5-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Providence Bolts past Wolf Pack in Second - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Korostelev Nets Shootout Game-Winner as Monsters Stun Crunch, 4-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Six-Goal Surge Propels T-Birds Past Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Drop Battle to Bridgeport in OT - Utica Comets
- Devils Win Third Straight in 2-1 Victory over Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Checkers Fall to Pens 5-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- T-Birds Score Five Unanswered, Drop Bears 6-2 - Hershey Bears
- Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire Defenseman Jan Rutta, Seventh Round Pick from Chicago Blackhawks - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Sign Forward Doherty to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Cleveland Monsters Announce Four Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Sabres Assign Smith to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Game #33 Preview: Tucson vs. Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Goloubef Joins Sens in Exchange for Carey - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Announce New Front Office Hires - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs Honor Rockford Heritage with Sock Monkey Night on February 9 - Rockford IceHogs
- Ottawa Recalls Elliott from Sens - Belleville Senators
- O'Connor Reassigned to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- T-Birds Winger Anthony Greco Named to AHL All-Star Classic Roster - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Springfield's Greco Added to Roster for 2019 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Marlies Set for Home and Home against Amerks - Toronto Marlies
- Sens Acquire Klimchuk from Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Begin Second Half this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Griffins, January 11 - Belleville Senators
- Devils Sign Cormier to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
- Moose too Strong for Rocket - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Fall 4-0 to Manitoba Moose - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Battle with Crunch Ends in 6-3 Loss
- Monsters Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Crunch
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Markus Hannikainen from Monsters
- Monsters Drop the Puck for First Home Game at Newly-Transformed Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse on Friday
- Monsters Complete Weekend Sweep with 4-1 Win over Rocket