Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Monarchs
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Manchester Monarchs
VENUE: ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Sunday, Feb. 17 at 1:30 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr and TuneIn
TICKETS: CLICK HERE
PROMOTION: FAIRWINDS Solar Bears Sunday - The first 100 FAIRWINDS members who present their FAIRWINDS debit/card and photo ID at the Amway Center box office will receive a free pair of tickets to the game. Once all free pairs have been claimed, FAIRWINDS members can still take advantage of a buy-one-get-one offer.
TODAY: The Orlando Solar Bears (26-19-3-0) take on the Manchester Monarchs (27-23-1-1) for the second and final time of the 2018-19 regular season in a rare non-divisional matchup. Orlando earned a point against Manchester in a 3-2 overtime loss on Nov. 16 at SNHU Arena. The Solar Bears have won their last four consecutive home games, while the Monarchs have played the last two nights in Estero, splitting a pair of games against the Florida Everblades.
DONAGHEY APPROACHING CLUB MARK: With five power-play goals, Cody Donaghey is tied for the league lead with power-play goals by a defenseman. His next goal on the man advantage will also tie the Solar Bears' club record for power-play goals by a defenseman in a single-season, originally set by Nolan Valleau during the 2017-18 campaign.
OLSON STRIKES AGAIN: Trevor Olson's goal in the third period of Friday's game was the forward's eighth of the season. Orlando is 7-0-0-0 this season during games in which Olson lights the lamp, and 12-1-1-0 in games in which he records at least a point.
SCORE FOUR: A good indicator of Orlando's success this season is the team's ability to score four goals in a game. The team is currently averaging 3.33 goals per game, but is 19-2-1-0 when it reaches the four-goal threshold. Scoring first will also lend itself to success in today's game, as the Solar Bears are 17-2-1-0 when they score first in a game.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears take on the Norfolk Admirals at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center on Thursday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m for Thirsty Thursday, presented by Coors Light. Fans can take advantage of $5 domestic draft beers throughout the game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for this game.
Fighting Four Packs presented by CenturyLink:
Gear up for the second half of the 2018-19 season with a Fighting Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four remaining home games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, First Watch, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Feb. 23 game against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, part of Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. Packs start as low as $69.99.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2019
- Indy Holds off Late Thunder Rally, Sweeps Doubleheader in Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Butcher's Shootout Winner Ends Wild Game in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Run Railers off the Tracks in Weekend Finale - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Pick off Royals in OT, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Comeback Falls Short in 7-5 Loss to Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Barnes Extends Point Streak to 13 Games in 6-3 Loss in Tulsa - Worcester Railers HC
- Early Deficit Sinks K-Wings on Sunday Evening, 5-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Prevail in OT over Growlers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Goals Galore for Solar Bears in 8-2 Romp over Monarchs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glads Skate by Rays Sunday Afternoon - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Overcome Late Two-Goal Deficit, Win in Overtime - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Growlers Sink in Overtime to the Swamp Rabbits - Newfoundland Growlers
- Late Game Heroics Earn Glads 4-2 Comeback Win in South Carolina - Atlanta Gladiators
- Adirondack Ends Road Trip with Point in Cincinnati - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Trade Kessel to Maine - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Drop Final Game in Florida, 8-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Acquire Kessel from Jacksonville - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Americans 10 Year Alumni Game Huge Success - Allen Americans
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Monarchs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Komets Game Day Snap Shot, February 17 - Wheeling Nailers
- McKenzie Recalled by Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Royals Look to Sweep Season Series at Allen - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Three-In-Three Weekend Continues in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Losing Streak Reaches Three Games - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 3-0 Loss to KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Shut out at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.