Americans 10 Year Alumni Game Huge Success
Allen, Texas - The first-ever Allen Americans Alumni game took place on Saturday afternoon at Allen Event Center in front of a crowd of just over 2,000 fans with players from the last ten seasons returning to North Texas.
Team Red defeated Team White 10 to 7 yesterday in a wild affair that saw Team Red rally from a 5-1 deficit in the second half to win the first-ever Americans Alumni Game. Trevor Ludwig scored the game winner for his team, which included former Americans Jason Deitsch, Mathieu Aubin, David McKee, Daniel Barnes and former President Steve Duchesne.
Justin Bowers and Tobias Whelan each had a pair of goals from Team White, which included former Americans Erik Adams, Tyler Ludwig, Brian McMillin, Bruce Graham, Mike Salekin and former Dallas Stars defenseman Craig Ludwig to name a few.
The game was composed of two half's of 25 minutes with a ten minute intermission. Americans Broadcaster Tommy Daniels provided live interviews on the bench while PA voice Lee Hastings and Kamen Kessler officiated the contest.
"This was so much fun, said Former Americans Captain Tobias Whelan. I can't thank the Americans organization enough for putting on this great event. It was so nice to see former teammates and fans again. I hope this becomes an annual event.
In the nightcap, the Americans fell to the Reading Royals 5 to 3.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2019
- Indy Holds off Late Thunder Rally, Sweeps Doubleheader in Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Butcher's Shootout Winner Ends Wild Game in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Run Railers off the Tracks in Weekend Finale - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Pick off Royals in OT, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Comeback Falls Short in 7-5 Loss to Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Barnes Extends Point Streak to 13 Games in 6-3 Loss in Tulsa - Worcester Railers HC
- Early Deficit Sinks K-Wings on Sunday Evening, 5-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Prevail in OT over Growlers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Goals Galore for Solar Bears in 8-2 Romp over Monarchs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glads Skate by Rays Sunday Afternoon - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Overcome Late Two-Goal Deficit, Win in Overtime - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Growlers Sink in Overtime to the Swamp Rabbits - Newfoundland Growlers
- Late Game Heroics Earn Glads 4-2 Comeback Win in South Carolina - Atlanta Gladiators
- Adirondack Ends Road Trip with Point in Cincinnati - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Trade Kessel to Maine - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Drop Final Game in Florida, 8-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Acquire Kessel from Jacksonville - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Americans 10 Year Alumni Game Huge Success - Allen Americans
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Monarchs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Komets Game Day Snap Shot, February 17 - Wheeling Nailers
- McKenzie Recalled by Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Royals Look to Sweep Season Series at Allen - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Three-In-Three Weekend Continues in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Losing Streak Reaches Three Games - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 3-0 Loss to KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Shut out at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.