McKenzie Recalled by Providence
DULUTH, G.A. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced Saturday that forward Brett McKenzie has been recalled by the AHL's Providence Bruins.
McKenzie, 21, ranks second overall on the Gladiators with 34 points (11g, 23a) in 46 games this season. The Ottawa, ON native's numbers top all Atlanta rookies during the current campaign. The former Vancouver Canucks draft pick heads to the P-Bruins for the first time since he attended training camp in Providence after signing an AHL deal with them this off-season. McKenzie totaled 224 points (101g, 123a) in 328 OHL games with North Bay and Owen Sound prior to turning pro.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Friday, March 1st against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at 7:35pm. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2019
- Indy Holds off Late Thunder Rally, Sweeps Doubleheader in Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Butcher's Shootout Winner Ends Wild Game in Fort Wayne - Wheeling Nailers
- Oilers Run Railers off the Tracks in Weekend Finale - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Pick off Royals in OT, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Comeback Falls Short in 7-5 Loss to Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Barnes Extends Point Streak to 13 Games in 6-3 Loss in Tulsa - Worcester Railers HC
- Early Deficit Sinks K-Wings on Sunday Evening, 5-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Swamp Rabbits Prevail in OT over Growlers - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Goals Galore for Solar Bears in 8-2 Romp over Monarchs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Glads Skate by Rays Sunday Afternoon - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Overcome Late Two-Goal Deficit, Win in Overtime - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Growlers Sink in Overtime to the Swamp Rabbits - Newfoundland Growlers
- Late Game Heroics Earn Glads 4-2 Comeback Win in South Carolina - Atlanta Gladiators
- Adirondack Ends Road Trip with Point in Cincinnati - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Trade Kessel to Maine - Jacksonville IceMen
- Monarchs Drop Final Game in Florida, 8-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Acquire Kessel from Jacksonville - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Suspension - ECHL
- Americans 10 Year Alumni Game Huge Success - Allen Americans
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Monarchs - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Komets Game Day Snap Shot, February 17 - Wheeling Nailers
- McKenzie Recalled by Providence - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Royals Look to Sweep Season Series at Allen - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Three-In-Three Weekend Continues in Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Losing Streak Reaches Three Games - Allen Americans
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 3-0 Loss to KC - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Shut out at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.