Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Salt Lake Bees
San Antonio Missions (38-22) at Salt Lake Bees (26-32)
Game #61/Road Game #32
Thursday, June 6, 1:05 p.m.
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Zack Brown (1-4, 5.13) vs. RHP Jaime Barria (2-1, 6.97)
Team Cycle: Thanks to a triple from Cory Spangenberg and a home run from Tyler Saladino, the Missions combined to hit for the team cycle in last night's victory. This is the sixth time the Missions have accomplished this feat in 2019, last time coming on May 19 against Memphis. The Missions are 5-1 in games where they hit for the team cycle. Shutting Down the Competition: Thanks to Aaron Wilkerson, Deolis Guerra, Jake Petricka and Jay Jackson, the Missions recorded their league-leading 10th shutout of the season. Across the PCL, only New Orleans (7) and Tacoma (7) have more than four shutouts. Across all of minor league baseball, the Missions are tied with the Double-A Pensacola Blue Wahoos for most shutouts. No team in Major League Baseball has more than eight shutouts so far this season.
We're Going Streaking: Following last night's win, the Missions currently have three players on five-game hitting streaks and four players with a five game or more on-base streak. Keston Hiura, David Freitas, and Cory Spangenberg are currently riding five-game hitting streaks which sits as the team-high heading into today's game. Lucas Erceg has the current team high with a seven game on-base streak. Close behing him is Hiura, Freitas, and Spangenberg with five game on-base streaks each.
Freitas Frenzy: Speaking of Freitas, since joining the Missions in mid-May Freitas leads the Missions with a .386 (44-for-114) batting average. In 34 games with San Antonio, Freitas has 15 multi-hit games and seven multi-RBI games. Aside from leading in batting average, Freitas is also third on the team in OBP (.437), fourth in RBI (24), and sixth in hits (44). The Missions are 20-9 so far this season in games that Freitas starts.
Jumpin' in June: The Missions are off to a hot start through the first four games of June. The team is currently 3-1 and riding a three-game winning streak. Offensively, the Missions are batting .273 (38-139) including 11 extra-base hits, 22 walks, and a .378 OBP. The Missions offense has been improving each month as the team batted .248 in April and .258 in May. On-base percentage has also been increasing each month as the team had an OBP of .329 in April and .337 in May.
Welcome Back Hiura: In his first game with the Missions since May 13, Keston Hiura picked up where he left off as one of the most dangerous hitters in the PCL. He went 2-for-4 in last night's game, scoring three runs and driving in one run. He recorded his 13th double of the season and swiped his fifth stolen base of the season.
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
From walk-off hits to web gems, we believe that Mauricio Dubon is an All Star! Make sure to go online today to vote for Dubon and the rest of the Missions players today! milb.com/ballot
Minor League Baseball (@milb)
Prospect Roundup: #Brewers' Hiura returns to Minors, scores three runs; #Padres' Gore shines in brief Cal League outing. atmlb.com/2XuxCbX
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 6, 2019
- Storm Chasers Complete Sweep of Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Urias Leads Chihuahuas Win, Series Sweep - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Kickham's Clout Spurs 'Cakes to Victory - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies say goodbye to NOLA with 6-4 loss to 'Cakes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Avoid Series Sweep - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (22-37) at Reno Aces (25-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Salvage Finale against Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Nashville - Reno Aces
- Live the Suite Life at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (24-36) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-30) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 6, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Salt Lake Bees - San Antonio Missions
- "Runza Night" to be Featured as ESPN's Minor League Promotion of the Week - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Rolls to 11-5 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Express Steamroll Aviators in 11-5 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Win Rare Pitchers' Duel at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Aces - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Blank Bees - San Antonio Missions
- Missions Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Game Two against Memphis - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Toppled by Tacoma, 10-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Isotopes 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Missions Release 2021 Schedule
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign