Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Game Two against Memphis
Tacoma, WA - Jaycob Brugman went 2-for-4 with a home run and 3 RBI as Tacoma Rainiers ended a three-game skid against the Memphis Redbirds on Wednesday at Cheney Stadium, 10-4.
Tacoma (30-30) had a seven-run first inning against Memphis (24-36) starting with Kristopher Negron's two-run single, scoring Tim Lopes and Austin Nola. With the bases loaded, Chris Mariscal drew a walk which Negron. Later in the inning, Billy Cooke singled on a ground ball that sent Brugman and Robert Perez to the plate. John Andreoli reached on an error that scored both Perez and Mariscal, extending Tacoma's lead, 7-1.
Left-hander Jon Niese surrendered four runs in 4 2/3 innings before handing the ball to Tayler Scott (3-2) with two outs in the fifth. Scott struck out Adolis Garcia on three pitches to strand a pair of Redbirds. The South African hurler went 2 1/3 scoreless innings with a pair of strikeouts on his way to his third win of the season.
In the bottom of the sixth, Brugman blasted a three-run home run which scored Jose Lobaton and Negron, making it a 10-4 Rainiers advantage. Brugman has three home runs in his first four games since joining Tacoma on June 1.
Right-hander Parker Markel pitched two hitless frames with three strikeouts to shut the door, rolling a double-play ball to end the contest.
The Rainiers will play for the series win against Memphis in game three on Thursday. First pitch will be at 7:05 pm PDT as right-hander Mike Wright (0-0, 4.50) makes the start for Tacoma. Mike Curto will have full coverage of on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Tacoma Rainiers pitcher Tayler Scott
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 6, 2019
- Storm Chasers Complete Sweep of Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Urias Leads Chihuahuas Win, Series Sweep - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Kickham's Clout Spurs 'Cakes to Victory - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies say goodbye to NOLA with 6-4 loss to 'Cakes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Avoid Series Sweep - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (22-37) at Reno Aces (25-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Salvage Finale against Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Nashville - Reno Aces
- Live the Suite Life at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (24-36) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-30) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 6, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Salt Lake Bees - San Antonio Missions
- "Runza Night" to be Featured as ESPN's Minor League Promotion of the Week - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Rolls to 11-5 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Express Steamroll Aviators in 11-5 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Win Rare Pitchers' Duel at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Aces - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Blank Bees - San Antonio Missions
- Missions Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Game Two against Memphis - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Toppled by Tacoma, 10-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Isotopes 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Tacoma Rainiers, Triple-A West Schedule Dates Announced by Major League Baseball
- Tacoma Rainiers Sign Professional Development License, Extend Seattle Mariners Affiliation
- Rainiers Among Minor League Baseball's Top-25 in Merchandise Sales for Fifth-Straight Year
- Rainiers Giving Tacoma a Taste of Baseball with "Cheneyville Grab N' Go" Drive-Thru
- Seattle Mariners to Utilize Cheney Stadium for "Taxi Squad" Practices, Simulated Games Beginning July 27