Redbirds Toppled by Tacoma, 10-4
TACOMA, Washington - The Memphis Redbirds (24-36) opened the contest by scoring in the first inning against the Tacoma Rainiers (Mariners) for the second straight night in Tacoma, Wash., but the Rainiers scored seven times in the bottom half and never looked back in their 10-4 win over the Redbirds.
Adolis Garcia drove in Rangel Ravelo with a two-out single in the opening frame to give the Redbirds an early 1-0 lead, but the Rainiers (30-30) responded with seven runs their first time up, all with two outs, knocking Memphis starter Anthony Shew out of the contest after just 0.2 innings of work.
Jose Godoy notched his first career Triple-A hit, a two-run blast to right, but Redbird bats went silent the rest of the night, scoring just one more run over the final seven innings.
Godoy ended his night going 2-for-3 with two RBI and walk.
Chris Ellis made his longest relief outing of the season, tossing 3.0 scoreless frames, allowing two hits while striking out three and issuing two walks. Chasen Shreve also had a scoreless appearance out of the bullpen, tossing 2.1 shutout innings and allowing just a single batter to reach.
Six of the nine Redbird batters recorded a hit in the contest, but Tyler O'Neill was the only other batter besides Godoy to have multiple hits.
Memphis allowed a season-high four stolen bases and hit into four double plays.
The Redbirds and Rainiers continue their series tomorrow night at 9:05 (CT) in the final meeting between the two clubs this season. They will then travel south for a four-game set against the Reno Aces. Memphis' next home game is Wednesday, June 12.
Upcoming Games of Note at AutoZone Park
Wednesday, June 12 at 6:35: Woof Wednesday presented by Invisible Fence Brand of Memphis with dogs able to come to the stadium along with their parents
Thursday, June 13 at 7:05: Throwback Thursday presented by Polk's Meat Products featuring the Redbirds suiting up as the Memphis Chicks and throwback concession pricing of $2 beers and $1 Polk's hot dogs
Friday, June 14 at 7:05: All-You-Can-Eat Night specialty ticket presented by Dave & Buster's featuring an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet and a free $15 Dave & Buster's Power Card available at www.memphisredbirds.com/allyoucaneat; Papa John's Friday Family Pack specialty ticket with four Field Box tickets including four free hot dogs, four free sodas, and one bottomless popcorn at the game, plus two coupons for a large Papa John's pizza, available at www.memphisredbirds.com/fridayfamilypack
Saturday, June 15 at 6:35: Terminix Saturday Fireworks Show after the game
Sunday, June 16 at 2:05: Father's Day hamburger/hot dog buffet specialty ticket available at www.memphisredbirds.com/fathersday; kids and dads run the bases after the game; Prairie Farms Ice Cream Sunday (free ice cream for kids upon entering); pregame player autographs presented by Allegiant Air
For more information on the 2019 season, visit www.memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 6, 2019
- Storm Chasers Complete Sweep of Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Urias Leads Chihuahuas Win, Series Sweep - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Kickham's Clout Spurs 'Cakes to Victory - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies say goodbye to NOLA with 6-4 loss to 'Cakes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Avoid Series Sweep - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (22-37) at Reno Aces (25-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Salvage Finale against Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Nashville - Reno Aces
- Live the Suite Life at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (24-36) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-30) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 6, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Salt Lake Bees - San Antonio Missions
- "Runza Night" to be Featured as ESPN's Minor League Promotion of the Week - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Rolls to 11-5 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Express Steamroll Aviators in 11-5 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Win Rare Pitchers' Duel at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Aces - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Blank Bees - San Antonio Missions
- Missions Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Game Two against Memphis - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Toppled by Tacoma, 10-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Isotopes 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- Longtime Voice of the Redbirds Steve Selby Retires
- Memphis Redbirds Announce 2021 Schedule
- MLB Announces Minor League Baseball Teams
- Cardinals Announce Minor League Coaching Staffs and Player Development Assignments for 2021
- Randy Boyd Joins Memphis Redbirds Leadership Group