Bees Avoid Series Sweep
The Salt Lake Bees downed the San Antonio Missions 13-7 on Thursday afternoon.
The Missions and Bees were knotted at 5-5 heading into the bottom of the seventh, but Salt Lake broke the tie with RBI-singles from Kaleb Cowart and Wilfredo Tovar to take a 7-5 lead.
The Bees tacked on six runs in the bottom of the eighth to extend their lead to 13-5 collecting five singles and a pair of walks in the inning to do the damage. Jake Jewell (3-2) picked up his third win of the season after relieving starter Parker Bridwell, going two and one-thirds innings and allowing one run to cross the plate.
The Bees offense racked up 14 hits with four players having multi-hit games. Eight Salt Lake players recorded an RBI in the contest, with Jarrett Parker leading the way with three runs batted in. Jose Rojas and Justin Bour each collected three hits on the day to help the Bees avoid the sweep.
Salt Lake moves on to host a four game homestand with the Round Rock Express beginning at 7:05 p.m. Friday night with an Abejas de Salt Lake game and fireworks following the game on Saturday night.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 6, 2019
- Storm Chasers Complete Sweep of Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Urias Leads Chihuahuas Win, Series Sweep - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Kickham's Clout Spurs 'Cakes to Victory - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies say goodbye to NOLA with 6-4 loss to 'Cakes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Avoid Series Sweep - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (22-37) at Reno Aces (25-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Salvage Finale against Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Nashville - Reno Aces
- Live the Suite Life at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (24-36) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-30) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 6, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Salt Lake Bees - San Antonio Missions
- "Runza Night" to be Featured as ESPN's Minor League Promotion of the Week - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Rolls to 11-5 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Express Steamroll Aviators in 11-5 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Win Rare Pitchers' Duel at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Aces - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Blank Bees - San Antonio Missions
- Missions Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Game Two against Memphis - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Toppled by Tacoma, 10-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Isotopes 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.