Missions Blank Bees
SALT LAKE CITY--Aaron Wilkerson and a trio of relievers combined to spin the Missions Triple-A leading 10th shutout of the season in a 9-0 rout of the Salt Lake Bees on Wednesday night at Smith's Ballpark.
Wilkerson (5-0) lowered his ERA to 0.40 across his eight starts this year by tossing 5 1/3 scoreless frames. He extended his scoreless innings string to 19 innings. He hasn't been charged with an earned run over his last 24 frames.
Keston Hiura went 2-for-4 with a walk, drove in a run, and scored three times in his return to the lineup. Hiura was recently optioned to the minor leagues by Milwaukee after a successful 2 1/2-week stint with the Brewers.
David Freitas drove in three runs and Tyler Saladino clubbed his team-leading 12th homerun of the year to pace San Antonio to its most lopsided win of the season.
The Missions also benefited from 10 walks, which established a season high.
The win extended the club's road winning streak to eight games. San Antonio is 20-7 since May 9 and tied with the Delmarva Shorebirds (Low-A) for the most wins in the minors over that stretch. They are 30-14 since they were last at .500.
The Missions and Bees wrap up the three game series with a day game on Thursday.
RH Zack Brown (1-4, 5.13) vs. RH Jamie Barria (2-1, 6.97) 1:05 PM CT
KONO 860 AM
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 6, 2019
- Storm Chasers Complete Sweep of Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Urias Leads Chihuahuas Win, Series Sweep - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Kickham's Clout Spurs 'Cakes to Victory - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies say goodbye to NOLA with 6-4 loss to 'Cakes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Avoid Series Sweep - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (22-37) at Reno Aces (25-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Salvage Finale against Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Nashville - Reno Aces
- Live the Suite Life at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (24-36) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-30) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 6, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Salt Lake Bees - San Antonio Missions
- "Runza Night" to be Featured as ESPN's Minor League Promotion of the Week - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Rolls to 11-5 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Express Steamroll Aviators in 11-5 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Win Rare Pitchers' Duel at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Aces - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Blank Bees - San Antonio Missions
- Missions Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Game Two against Memphis - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Toppled by Tacoma, 10-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Isotopes 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Missions Release 2021 Schedule
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign