"Runza Night" to be Featured as ESPN's Minor League Promotion of the Week
PAPILLION, NE - ESPN's flagship television program "SportsCenter" has selected the Storm Chasers' Runza Night promotion as their Minor League Promotion of the Week, with the segment featuring Omaha Runzas jerseys, hats and fanny packs expected to air on Saturday, June 8.
"Runza Night was a success last season and we're excited to bring it back. Both organizations have been serving the area for over 50 years and this combo celebrates that longevity in a fun way", said Storm Chasers President and General Manager Martie Cordaro. "To be featured on a nationally-televised broadcast like this is certainly a win for Runza and the Storm Chasers. We're privileged to be selected by ESPN."
The Lincoln-based restaurant partnered with the Omaha Storm Chasers baseball team for the first time in 2018, with players and coaches donning jerseys and hats displaying its staple offering while featuring the classic green and yellow coloring.
New to 2019 is a special giveaway where the first 1,000 fans to enter Werner Park receive a Runza-themed fanny pack, sponsored by Runza. One fanny pack will also contain a certificate good for one (1) combo meal per week for a year. There will be merchandise for fans including several styles of hats, jerseys and t-shirts at the Storm Front Team Store near the main gates. Omaha Runzas apparel from 2018 and 2019 can also be purchased online here: bit.ly/omaharunzagear
The jerseys worn by players and coaches that evening will be auctioned off, with proceeds going to the Food Bank of the Heartland. The hosts of the SportsCenter broadcast will also autograph the jerseys featured on the televised segment, with those jerseys also available for fans to bid on as well.
Tickets to that evening's contest between the Omaha Runzas and the El Paso Chihuahuas are available here: bit.ly/omaharunzastix
Tickets are available for all 2019 Storm Chasers contests and may be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com/tickets. Fans may also call the Werner Park Ticket Office at (402) 738-5100 or visit the ticket office at Werner Park during open hours. Werner Park Ticket Office hours may be viewed.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 6, 2019
- Storm Chasers Complete Sweep of Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Urias Leads Chihuahuas Win, Series Sweep - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Kickham's Clout Spurs 'Cakes to Victory - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies say goodbye to NOLA with 6-4 loss to 'Cakes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Avoid Series Sweep - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (22-37) at Reno Aces (25-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Salvage Finale against Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Nashville - Reno Aces
- Live the Suite Life at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (24-36) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-30) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 6, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Salt Lake Bees - San Antonio Missions
- "Runza Night" to be Featured as ESPN's Minor League Promotion of the Week - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Rolls to 11-5 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Express Steamroll Aviators in 11-5 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Win Rare Pitchers' Duel at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Aces - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Blank Bees - San Antonio Missions
- Missions Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Game Two against Memphis - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Toppled by Tacoma, 10-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Isotopes 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.