Bees Salvage Finale against Missions
SALT LAKE CITY--The Missions surrendered a season high in runs as the Salt Lake Bees avoided a sweep with a 13-7 win over San Antonio at Smith's Ballpark on Thursday afternoon.
The Missions had a pair of three run leads wiped out after the Bees scored three times in the seventh inning to take their first lead of the three game series, 5-4. San Antonio briefly tied the score in the sixth before Salt Lake plated eight runs over the final two innings against the bullpen to blow open the game.
Jake Hager finished with a season high three hits, including a two-run homer, for the Missions, who ended the day with 13 total hits. Keston Hiura and Mauricio Dubon also homered for San Antonio, which had its eight game road winning streak snapped. That was the club's longest road win streak since the 2003 team captured 14 in-a-row.
Donnie Hart (2-2) was charged with the loss.
Salt Lake pulled away in the eighth inning when 11 men came to plate during a six-run rally.
The Missions head to Las Vegas to open a four game series against the Aviators beginning Friday night.
RH Burch Smith (3-2, 2.45) vs. LHP Tyler Alexander (1-3, 6.85) 9:05 PM CT
KONO 860 AM
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 6, 2019
- Storm Chasers Complete Sweep of Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Urias Leads Chihuahuas Win, Series Sweep - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Kickham's Clout Spurs 'Cakes to Victory - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies say goodbye to NOLA with 6-4 loss to 'Cakes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Avoid Series Sweep - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (22-37) at Reno Aces (25-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Salvage Finale against Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Nashville - Reno Aces
- Live the Suite Life at Las Vegas Ballpark - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (24-36) at Tacoma Rainiers (30-30) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 6, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Salt Lake Bees - San Antonio Missions
- "Runza Night" to be Featured as ESPN's Minor League Promotion of the Week - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Rolls to 11-5 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Express Steamroll Aviators in 11-5 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Win Rare Pitchers' Duel at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Sounds Drop Second Straight to Aces - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Blank Bees - San Antonio Missions
- Missions Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Rainiers Snap Losing Streak in Game Two against Memphis - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Toppled by Tacoma, 10-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Blewett, Chasers Topple Isotopes 5-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Missions Release 2021 Schedule
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign