Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express
San Antonio Missions (27-18) at Round Rock Express (26-18)
Game #46/Road Game #21
Wednesday, May 22, 7:05 p.m.
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Bubba Derby (0-2, 4.65) vs. RHP Cy Sneed (1-5, 6.30)
Last Night Took an L but Tonight We Bounce Back: Last night's seven-run defeat matched the largest loss of the season for the Missions. However, the Missions are 11-6 after suffering a defeat. San Antonio's pitching staff is sporting a 3.15 ERA and 1.22 WHIP in games following a loss, both of which are PCL-lows. The Missions hitting totals following a loss are near the bottom of the PCL due to the fact that the 18 losses are tied with Round Rock for the second fewest on the circuit.
Still Going Strong: Mauricio Dubon and Cory Spangenberg each extended their hitting streaks to six and four games respectively last night. Dubon is batting .348 (8-for-23) with 3 runs, 1 double, and 5 RBI in those six games. Spangenberg is hitting .471 (8-for-17) with 3 runs, 2 doubles, and 1 triple during his modest four-game streak. Spangenberg has reached base safely in seven straight games and seen his slash line rise from .204/.288/.312 to .248/.326/.372 in those games.
Two Will Do: The Missions have recorded 52 multi-run innings in 45 total games this season. San Antonio is 25-11 in games in which they have at least one multi-run inning.
Leaderboard Material: Despite his 0-for-4 performance last night, Tyler Saladino has still had an exceptional last few games. Since May 14 he is among the Pacific Coast League leaders in doubles (2nd, 6), extra-base hits (T-2nd, 8), batting average (T-4th, .500), slugging (T-4th, 1.045), OPS (5th, 1.622), RBI (T-6th, 10), total bases (T-6th, 23), and OBP (T-7th, .577). In games after going hitless this season Saladino is batting .323 (10-for-31) with 6 runs, 4 doubles, 2 home runs, 4 RBI, and 5 walks.
Scoreless is the Deolis Guerrantee: Missions reliever Deolis Guerra has been nearly lights out since allowing a pair of runs in back-to-back outings on April 9 and 14. Since April 14 Guerra has held opponents scoreless in 10 of his last 11 appearances including four straight. In those 11 games his ERA has dropped from 6.35 to 2.14 and opponent batting average has dropped from .286 to .189.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
San Antonio Missions Baseball (@missionsmilb)
Tacos, tequila, and music! Now that's a trio! Visit TheTexasTacoFestival.com for details!
Joe Alexander (@JoeAlexander210)
Pretty cool watching former San Antonio Missions second baseman Keston Hiura's home run called by former Missions broadcaster Brian Anderson. @missionsmilb
INF Travis Shaw assigned to San Antonio on ML Rehab
RHP Tristan Archer from San Antonio to Rocky Mountain
RHP Bubba Derby reinstated from the Injured List
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 22, 2019
- Cubs Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Dodgers Neutralized in New Orleans - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express RHP Cy Sneed Flirts with Perfection in 4-0 Win - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Sweeps Twin Bill - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Wallop Nashville, 10-0 - Memphis Redbirds
- Dillard Matches Strikeout Record in Home Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Sneed's Cy-Worthy Performance Stops Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Hernandez, Baby Cakes Blow Away Dodgers - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- River Cats End Bees Winning Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats complete seven-run comeback but lose late - Sacramento River Cats
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Doom despite Kieboom - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sheffield Shoves, Court Belts Decisive Home Run in One-Run Tacoma Victory - Tacoma Rainiers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-27) vs. Memphis Redbirds (22-23) - Nashville Sounds
- Hits Fall for Reno, Not for Chihuahuas in Loss - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Break Records, Extend Win Streak in El Paso - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (22-23) at Nashville Sounds (17-27) - Memphis Redbirds
- Happy 200th, Memphis $2.00 Tickets for Saturday's Fireworks Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Reyes de Plata Return Home, Pound Albuquerque 9-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Aviators Fly by Isotopes in Series Opener - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Avelino triples twice in series-opening victory over Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- From rain to Rainiers: Tacoma washes away Fresno's hopes on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Miller Flashes Tools in Rainiers Victory against Fresno in Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno's Eighth Knocks down Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Leyba's Five RBIs Send Aces to Victory - Reno Aces
- Dodgers Clip 'Cakes, 6-5 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Outshine Missions 11-4 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Missions Release 2021 Schedule
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign