Game Notes at El Paso
About Today's Game: Reno takes on El Paso in game two of the four-game set. On the bump for Reno will be righty Taylor Widener who's in search of his third win of the season for the Aces. Widener got roughed up against the Chihuahuas on April 20 in his only start against the team allowing seven earned runs in 1.2 innings in a loss. However, he's been pitching better as of late going at least five innings in two of his last three starts. El Paso will send lefty Dietrich Enns to the hill to counter Widener. Enns is tied for the PCL lead in wins with five. He won a game against the Aces on April 12 out of the bullpen throwing four scoreless innings while giving up just one hit.
More History for Yasmany: With Yasmany Tomas' solo home run in the top of the fifth inning against El Paso Tuesday, he became the third player in Pacific Coast League history to have five total big flies in consecutive games. He homered four times in Monday's contest. No player has ever homered six times in two games.
5 RBI Game: Domingo Leyba set a new career high driving in five RBIs in Tuesday's contest. He is the fifth Ace to record at least 5 RBIs in a game this season along with Kevin Cron (3x), Tim Locastro, Wyatt Mathisen, and Yasmany Tomas.
Mathisen Stays Hot: With a pinch-hit single in the eighth inning Tuesday, it marked the third game in a row Mathisen drove in a run. Since May 4, Mathisen is batting .360 with five home runs, 14 RBI, 17 runs scored, eight doubles while posting a 1.287 OPS. Mathisen is now batting .250 on the season raising his batting average 75 points since May 1.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 22, 2019
- Cubs Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Dodgers Neutralized in New Orleans - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express RHP Cy Sneed Flirts with Perfection in 4-0 Win - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Sweeps Twin Bill - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Wallop Nashville, 10-0 - Memphis Redbirds
- Dillard Matches Strikeout Record in Home Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Sneed's Cy-Worthy Performance Stops Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Hernandez, Baby Cakes Blow Away Dodgers - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- River Cats End Bees Winning Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats complete seven-run comeback but lose late - Sacramento River Cats
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Doom despite Kieboom - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sheffield Shoves, Court Belts Decisive Home Run in One-Run Tacoma Victory - Tacoma Rainiers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-27) vs. Memphis Redbirds (22-23) - Nashville Sounds
- Hits Fall for Reno, Not for Chihuahuas in Loss - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Break Records, Extend Win Streak in El Paso - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (22-23) at Nashville Sounds (17-27) - Memphis Redbirds
- Happy 200th, Memphis $2.00 Tickets for Saturday's Fireworks Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Reyes de Plata Return Home, Pound Albuquerque 9-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Aviators Fly by Isotopes in Series Opener - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Avelino triples twice in series-opening victory over Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- From rain to Rainiers: Tacoma washes away Fresno's hopes on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Miller Flashes Tools in Rainiers Victory against Fresno in Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno's Eighth Knocks down Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Leyba's Five RBIs Send Aces to Victory - Reno Aces
- Dodgers Clip 'Cakes, 6-5 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Outshine Missions 11-4 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.