Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-27) vs. Memphis Redbirds (22-23)
Game #45: Nashville Sounds (17-27) vs. Memphis Redbirds (22-23)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (3-1, 5.30) vs. RHP Daniel Ponce de Leon (3-2, 3.96)
First Pitch: 6:35 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
- All fans win on Winning Wednesday presented by Pepsi at First Tennessee Park. The first 1,000 fans through the gates are guaranteed a free prize. Additionally, all fans are welcome to run the bases after the game if the Sounds win.
- "Better Flippin' Meat" Night presented by Applegate Farms.
From the Notes
Ponce de Leon vs. Nashville: Memphis starter Daniel Ponce de Leon has faced Nashville in two starts this season and is 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA (10 IP, 2 ER) and walked 9 while striking out 9. Against Sounds' active hitters, Ponce de Leon has performed as such: Cole, 1-2 | Davidson, 1-5, RBI, BB, K | Granite, 1-4, BB | Ibáñez, 0-4, BB, K | Tocci, 1-4, RBI | White, 1-2, K | Wisdom, 0-1, 4 BB, K.
Dillard Record Watch: Tim Dillard is one strikeout shy of tying Jamie Werly's Nashville strikeout record of 354. He also finds himself two walks away from tying Hugh Kemp's Nashville base on balls record of 207. Dillard has won three of his last four appearances, making him 3-1 with a 4.00 ERA (18.0 IP/8 ER) and has struck out 5 batters to 2 walks.
The Number 600: Two milestones regarding the number 600 could be achieved for two members of the Nashiville Sounds tonight. Manager Jason Wood has 599 wins in his managerial career going into tonight's game. His season-high for wins is 80 with Double-A Frisco in the 2014 season. Tim Dillard also sits on 594.0 career innings pitched with Nashville, and if he matches his season-high of 6.0 innings pitched he would be the first Sound to achieve the feat.
RBI Streaking: With another home run last night, Hunter Cole has extended his RBI streak to five-consecutive game, a team-high. Cole also has five consecutive multi-hit games after another two hits last night. He has now hit safely in 9 of his last 10 games, hitting .405 (17-42) with 8 runs, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 3 home runs, 12 RBI and 3 walks. He has raised his batting average from .032 to .286 in that span. Cole is the only hitter that has at least a .500 record when in the starting lineup as the Sounds are 11-9 in those games.
How Can I Assist You?: Zack Granite notched his fifth outfield assist in Tuesday night's game, and is now tied for the team lead with Hunter Cole. 3 of Granite's assists have come from left field and 2 from right. Hunter Cole has 4 assists from right field and 1 from left.
What's the word around Nashville?
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
You don't want to miss a minute of @DimTillard's pitching tonight "¼ï¸ He may just break a franchise record.
Reserve your parking with @Be_Premier now so you don't have to worry: bit.ly/2FZSotz
Oh and, #FreeDilly
Nashville's #1 Sports Station (@1045TheZone)
.@nashvillesounds GM @AdamNuse joins the @3HL1045 right now from First Tennessee Park!
Listen LIVE at 104.5 FM or stream online at 1045TheZone.com!
John Blake (@RangerBlake)
Rangers have placed OF Willie Calhoun on the 10-day injured list with a left quad strain. OF Delino DeShields has been recalled from Nashville.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 22, 2019
- Cubs Sweep Twinbill over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Dodgers Neutralized in New Orleans - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express RHP Cy Sneed Flirts with Perfection in 4-0 Win - Round Rock Express
- Iowa Sweeps Twin Bill - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Wallop Nashville, 10-0 - Memphis Redbirds
- Dillard Matches Strikeout Record in Home Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Sneed's Cy-Worthy Performance Stops Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Hernandez, Baby Cakes Blow Away Dodgers - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- River Cats End Bees Winning Streak - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats complete seven-run comeback but lose late - Sacramento River Cats
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Round Rock Express - San Antonio Missions
- Doom despite Kieboom - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sheffield Shoves, Court Belts Decisive Home Run in One-Run Tacoma Victory - Tacoma Rainiers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (17-27) vs. Memphis Redbirds (22-23) - Nashville Sounds
- Hits Fall for Reno, Not for Chihuahuas in Loss - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Break Records, Extend Win Streak in El Paso - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (22-23) at Nashville Sounds (17-27) - Memphis Redbirds
- Happy 200th, Memphis $2.00 Tickets for Saturday's Fireworks Game - Memphis Redbirds
- Reyes de Plata Return Home, Pound Albuquerque 9-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Aviators Fly by Isotopes in Series Opener - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Avelino triples twice in series-opening victory over Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- From rain to Rainiers: Tacoma washes away Fresno's hopes on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Miller Flashes Tools in Rainiers Victory against Fresno in Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno's Eighth Knocks down Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Leyba's Five RBIs Send Aces to Victory - Reno Aces
- Dodgers Clip 'Cakes, 6-5 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Outshine Missions 11-4 in Series Opener - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Nominated for Prestigious Minor League Baseball Honor
- Sounds Win Season Finale on Walk-Off
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (65-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-59)
- Dillard Dazzles in Front of Sellout Crowd
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-58)