Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Sound Tigers
The Belleville Senators will try to rebound from a loss Friday as they visit Connecticut to face the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
Belleville (33-26-3-5) were shutout Friday and saw their grip on fourth place in the North Division slide to four points as Cleveland won. The Monsters still have two games in hand over the Senators.
Bridgeport (37-20-6-2) are second in the Atlantic Division and their 37 wins are tied for the fourth most in the AHL this season. However, they sit 10 points behind Charlotte, who hold the best record in the league.
Vitaly Abramov and Filip Chlapik are expected to in the line-up tonight for Belleville after their reassignments from Ottawa Friday afternoon.
Marcus Hogberg made his 16th straight start Friday and tonight might be the night that Filip Gustavsson finally gets a start to give Hogberg a night off. Gustavsson hasn't played since Feb. 9.
Andrew Sturtz, Max Lajoie and Morgan Klimchuk are out for Belleville.
In three previous meetings, the Senators have never beaten Bridgeport as they're 0-3. The Sound Tigers won 2-1 on Nov. 17 in their only meeting this year.
Who to watch
Sens forward Jack Rodewald has five points in his last five games and is second in scoring this year for Belleville with 44 points in 50 games.
Matt Lorito, who missed the first half of the season, has 10 points (four goals) in 12 games this year but has been held pointless in his last five games.
Where to watch
Saturday's game starts at 7:30pm and can also be seen on AHLTV. Fans can also watch tonight's contest at Shoeless Joe's in Belleville.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 7:20pm with Jack Miller on the call.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2019
- $87,095 Raised for Local Family, Eagles Grab Point in Standings - Colorado Eagles
- Ads Surge Late to Sail Away with 8-2 Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Burned by Late Griffins Goals - Texas Stars
- Rampage Shut out by Wolves - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Blow Past Comets, 6-2, Clinch Playoff Berth - Syracuse Crunch
- Lafferty's Hat Trick Helps Penguins to 5-4 Overtime Win over Phantoms - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- First-Place Wolves Roll in San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Sens Narrowly Beaten by Sound Tigers - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport sweeps season series against Belleville and pushes its point streak at home to nine games - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rocket Overcome Two-Goal Deficit and Defeat Thunderbirds 3-2 in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Phantoms Earn 3 Points in Weekend Series with Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ads Dominate Hogs in 8-2 Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Rocket Past Bears on Moon Landing Night by 5-2 Final Score - Cleveland Monsters
- Monsters Skate Past Bears, 5-2 - Hershey Bears
- Devils Surrender Lead in 3-1 Loss at Providence - Binghamton Devils
- Carey Leads P-Bruins over Devils 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Checkers Power past Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rocket Erase Deficit to Steal Victory from T-Birds on Sold out Pucks N' Paws Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Stumble in Loss to Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Amerks Snap Skid, Reach 40-Win Mark with 5-2 Victory over Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Continue Hot Streak with Another Home Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Sherwood and Steel - San Diego Gulls
- Defender Tyler Lewington Recalled by Capitals - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Goaltender Atte Tolvanen to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Roadrunners Sign Busby to Amateur Tryout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game #59 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold the Great New York State Fair Night March 29 - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch to Host '94 Night March 30 - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Kick off Doubleheader Weekend against Amerks - Toronto Marlies
- Game Preview: Bears at Monsters, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sens Recall Carlisle from Loan - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Recall Trevor Hamilton from Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Detroit Recalls Matt Puempel - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Sound Tigers - Belleville Senators
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Blue Jackets Reassign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Look to Continue Winning Ways at Home - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Reign Tops Bakersfield in Shootout - Ontario Reign
- Ads Use Three-Goal First to Punch Hole Through Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Gain Point and Extend Division Lead in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Iowa Can't Complete Comeback as Team Falls to Stockton 5-3 - Iowa Wild
- Robinson, Special Teams Guide Stockton to 5-3 Win - Stockton Heat
- Appleby Backstops Moose to Shutout of Colorado - Manitoba Moose
- Appleby Stymies Eagles as Moose Top Colorado, 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Earn Key Win over IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lacouvee Makes 35 Saves in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Comets - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.