Robinson, Special Teams Guide Stockton to 5-3 Win
STOCKTON, Calif. - Behind a season-high four points from Buddy Robinson, a six-for-six effort on the penalty kill and a pair of power play goals, the Stockton Heat took a 5-3 win over the Iowa Wild Friday night at Stockton Arena. The Heat raced out to a 3-0 lead through the game's first 32 minutes, a pair of Robinson goals sandwiched around Dillon Dube's 15th of the season. Iowa seized momentum late in the second with a pair of strikes just 1:18 apart to trim the deficit to one, then tied the game with 4:02 left in the third as Nate Prosser found the back of the net. Stockton did not take long to answer on the other end, as Matthew Phillips scored less than two minutes later and Tyler Graovac punctuated the win with an empty netter. Jon Gillies was strong once again for the Heat, turning away 38 of 41 shots faced in the win.
W: Jon Gillies (41 shots, 38 saves)
L: Andrew Hammond (38 shots, 34 saves)
Three Stars: First - Buddy Robinson (2g,2a), Second - Jon Gillies (38 saves), Third - Matthew Phillips (1g)
Final Shots: STK - 38, IA - 41
Power Plays: STK - 2-6, IA - 0-6
- The contest was Josh Healey's 100th professional game.
- The Heat recorded a pair of power play goals on the night, the club's first multi-goal effort while on the man-advantage since February 17 against Colorado.
- Buddy Robinson recorded a season-high four points with a pair of goals and two assists on the night. It was his eighth multi-point game of the season, second with more than two points.
- Dillon Dube lit the lamp for the fifth time in the last six games with his power play goal to open play in the second.
- Glenn Gawdin registered a pair of assists, his fifth multi-point game of the season. It was his second multi-assist game.
- Mason Morelli made his Heat debut in the game after his ATO was announced Friday afternoon.
- Jon Gillies recorded his 12th-straight start for the Heat.
- The Heat have a point in all three meetings against Iowa this season.
The Heat and Wild close out their weekend series Sunday, a 5 p.m. puck drop at Stockton Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2019
- $87,095 Raised for Local Family, Eagles Grab Point in Standings - Colorado Eagles
- Ads Surge Late to Sail Away with 8-2 Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Burned by Late Griffins Goals - Texas Stars
- Rampage Shut out by Wolves - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Blow Past Comets, 6-2, Clinch Playoff Berth - Syracuse Crunch
- Lafferty's Hat Trick Helps Penguins to 5-4 Overtime Win over Phantoms - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- First-Place Wolves Roll in San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Sens Narrowly Beaten by Sound Tigers - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport sweeps season series against Belleville and pushes its point streak at home to nine games - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rocket Overcome Two-Goal Deficit and Defeat Thunderbirds 3-2 in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Phantoms Earn 3 Points in Weekend Series with Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Ads Dominate Hogs in 8-2 Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monsters Rocket Past Bears on Moon Landing Night by 5-2 Final Score - Cleveland Monsters
- Monsters Skate Past Bears, 5-2 - Hershey Bears
- Devils Surrender Lead in 3-1 Loss at Providence - Binghamton Devils
- Carey Leads P-Bruins over Devils 3-1 - Providence Bruins
- Checkers Power past Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rocket Erase Deficit to Steal Victory from T-Birds on Sold out Pucks N' Paws Night - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Stumble in Loss to Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Amerks Snap Skid, Reach 40-Win Mark with 5-2 Victory over Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Continue Hot Streak with Another Home Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Sherwood and Steel - San Diego Gulls
- Defender Tyler Lewington Recalled by Capitals - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Goaltender Atte Tolvanen to AHL Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Roadrunners Sign Busby to Amateur Tryout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game #59 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold the Great New York State Fair Night March 29 - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch to Host '94 Night March 30 - Syracuse Crunch
- Marlies Kick off Doubleheader Weekend against Amerks - Toronto Marlies
- Game Preview: Bears at Monsters, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Sens Recall Carlisle from Loan - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Recall Trevor Hamilton from Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Detroit Recalls Matt Puempel - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Sound Tigers - Belleville Senators
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Justin Dowling - Texas Stars
- Blue Jackets Reassign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Look to Continue Winning Ways at Home - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Reign Tops Bakersfield in Shootout - Ontario Reign
- Ads Use Three-Goal First to Punch Hole Through Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Gain Point and Extend Division Lead in Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Iowa Can't Complete Comeback as Team Falls to Stockton 5-3 - Iowa Wild
- Robinson, Special Teams Guide Stockton to 5-3 Win - Stockton Heat
- Appleby Backstops Moose to Shutout of Colorado - Manitoba Moose
- Appleby Stymies Eagles as Moose Top Colorado, 2-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Earn Key Win over IceHogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lacouvee Makes 35 Saves in 2-1 Shootout Loss to Comets - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.