Four-Goal Second Period Lifts Oilers over Mavericks
INDEPENDENCE, MO - Tulsa spoiled the weekend for the Mavericks, winning 5-1 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena on Saturday.
The weekend trend of last-minute goals continued at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena when Derek Pratt scooped the puck up in the neutral zone, leading to a breakaway on which the defenseman scored his first goal of the season, a short-side top shelf snipe over Devin Williams with just 12 seconds left in the opening period.
Tulsa tied up the affair when Miles Liberati ripped a power-play blast from the blue line through the five hole of Tyler Parsons. The goal gives the Oilers power-play goals in back-to-back games. Roughly 10 minutes later, Jack Nevins looked Parsons off on the two-on-one before blasting a slap shot off the far post and into the back of the net, giving the Oilers their first lead of the week. Charlie Sampair added to the Tulsa lead 2:03 later when he flew around the entire zone and deposited the puck over a sprawled Parsons on the wraparound. Jared Thomas stepped up with his first goal since being activated from injured reserve, powering toward the net, faking a shot and opening up Parons for the Oilers' third goal in a 3:22 span, leading to a goalie change for the Mavericks.
Danny Moynihan made it five unanswered goals, receiving and depositing a cross-zone pass from Thomas past Nick Schneider 17:08 into the final period. The goal gives Moynihan a team-leading 15 goals on the season.
Tulsa now heads to Indianapolis to face off against the Fuel on Feb. 7 before traveling to Memorial Coliseum to battle the Fort Wayne Komets.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Images from this story
Tulsa Oilers left wing Danny Moyniham vs. the Kansas City Mavericks
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 1, 2020
- Four-Goal Second Period Lifts Oilers over Mavericks - Tulsa Oilers
- K-Wings Roar Back to Force Overtime in Cincinnati - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavs Smothered by Four-Goal Second Period, Lose 5-1 to Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- 10,686 Toss Record 8,763 Bears as Glads Stomp Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Allen Claims High Scoring Affair, 7-6 - Wichita Thunder
- Great Eight: Maclise, Appleby Lead 'Blades to 8th Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Lose Lead, Prevail in Overtime - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Orlando Splits Weekend Series with 5-2 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Have Five-Game Winning Streak Halted by Fuel - Toledo Walleye
- Blades Use Early Push to Get by Rays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Win 6-4 at Greenville - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Roll Past Railers 6-2 - Worcester Railers HC
- Furious Rally Ties Game, But Swamp Rabbits Fall - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Reading Scores 5 in 2nd, Gooch with 2 More for 6-2 Win - Reading Royals
- McNicholas Grants Wishes with Overtime Winner - Maine Mariners
- Indy Closes out Weekend with 3-2 Win over Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Beast Overwhelmed in Saturday Night Loss - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Earn Point in Overtime Loss to Mariners, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Growlers Win 18th Straight Home Game - Newfoundland Growlers
- Wells Heads Back to Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Nailers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Hosts Wichita on McDonald's Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Game Notes: at Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah at Greenville. Feb 1, 2020 - Utah Grizzlies
- Calendar Flips, Same Opponent Saturday for Royals - Reading Royals
- Americans Win First of a Home and Home with Wichita - Allen Americans
- IceMen Fight for Big Win in Penalty Marred Contest - Jacksonville IceMen
- Oilers Tie Game in Final Minute Before Falling in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush Earn Crucial Standings Point in Overtime Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Steelheads Storm Back for 3-2 Overtime Win over Rush in Sellout - Idaho Steelheads
- Late Nailers Power-Play Goal Gives Solar Bears 3-2 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.