Exhibition Games Canceled
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets announced today that due to health and safety protocols tonight's exhibition game at Wheeling and tomorrow's home game versus Wheeling have been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
"Out of an abundance of caution both teams have decided not to play this weekend due to a positive Covid test on the Komet roster," said Komets President Michael Franke. "We are going to shut the team down for a couple of days and re-test on Monday to prepare for Opening Night of the 70th season of Komet hockey. We are sorry that both games have to be canceled this weekend, but both teams have agreed that this is in the best interest of everyone."
Refunds for all walk-up tickets purchased for Saturday night's home game will be issued at the point of purchase.
The Komet office will be open tomorrow from 12:00 P.M.-2:00 P.M. for any season ticket holder that has not yet picked up their tickets.
The 70th anniversary season of Komet hockey launches Saturday, October 23, when the Wheeling Nailers return for a 7:35 p.m. faceoff on Sweetwater Ice. The Kelly Cup will be presented as the championship banner is raised to the rafters. There will also be the championship ring ceremony and the Komet legends will be introduced. There are still plenty of tickets available for opening night at the Coliseum ticket office and Ticketmaster.
Single-game tickets are on sale now at the Allen County Memorial Coliseum ticket office. For more information visit Komets.com or call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 15, 2021
- Oilers Knock off Thunder in Preseason Contest, 7-5 - Wichita Thunder
- Everblades Claim Preseason Opener vs. Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Surrender Three in Third Period of 4-1 Loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Ross Olsson Scores Twice as Railers Defeat Mariners 5-3 in Pre-Season Game #1 - Worcester Railers HC
- Greenville and Anyang Halla Kick off Atlanta Hockey Showcase 2021 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Shutout Thunder, 4-0, in Preseason Opener - Reading Royals
- Team White Edges Team Gold, 2-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Lions Agree to Terms with Two Players - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Everblades: October 15, 2021 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Icemen Announce Four Additions to Training Camp Roster - Jacksonville Icemen
- ECHL Transactions - October 15 - ECHL
- Heartlanders Home Opener Televised on MC22 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Jack Combs Signs with Allen - Allen Americans
- Windsor Heads to Europe - Orlando Solar Bears
- Norfolk Admirals Announce COVID-19 Policy for 2021-22 Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder, Field Pass Hockey Renews Streaming Agreement - Wichita Thunder
- Hammond Signs PTO with Henderson Silver Knights - South Carolina Stingrays
- Exhibition Games Canceled - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Open Preseason with Game against Thunder - Reading Royals
- UMaine Alum Tralmaks Assigned to Mariners Camp - Maine Mariners
- Nailers, Komets Preseason Games Cancelled - Wheeling Nailers
- Everblades Host Orlando in Preseason Game Friday Night - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Hockey Showcase 2021 Begins Tonight - Atlanta Gladiators
- Heartlanders at Kansas City for Preseason Showdown - Iowa Heartlanders
- Cumberland County Announces Updated COVID-19 Protocols for Cross Insurance Arena - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.