Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2020 Season
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today their local television and radio broadcast schedule for the 2020 Major League Soccer season. NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California will televise 24 matches in 2020, with Telemundo 48 providing coverage on three others. The Quakes also welcome back KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF 'La Kaliente' for radio coverage during the 2020 season, with select matches moving to KNBR 680.
The robust local programming to air on NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California includes many marquee matchups, such as the Home Opener against 2019 Eastern Conference Champions Toronto FC (Feb. 29; 2:15 p.m.), the California Clasico against the LA Galaxy at Stanford Stadium (June 27; 6:45 p.m.) and the Decision Day season finale against the Colorado Rapids (Oct. 6; 1 p.m.).
Anthony Passarelli and Chris Dangerfield return to the booth for the seventh consecutive season, while Danielle Slaton remains in her role as an on-field analyst for the fifth consecutive season.
Passarelli, enters his 9th year broadcasting Earthquakes soccer, and 7th in the TV booth. A four-time NorCal AFTRA award-winning sports anchor and reporter, he has provided color commentary and radio play-by-play for San Jose State men's basketball and Santa Clara University men's soccer. Dangerfield was inducted into the Earthquakes Hall of Fame in 2018 for his work on and off the field. He served as the team's color analyst on television from 1996-99, following a great playing career in both the North American Soccer League and Western Soccer Alliance. In the NASL, Dangerfield was a key midfielder from 1982-84, scoring 14 goals and notching 14 assists for the Quakes in that span. He helped the 1983 Quakes to an undefeated season at home and a semifinal finish in the playoffs.
One of the fastest rising sideline analysts in the sport, Slaton has also provided commentary for major worldwide events, including the 2016 Rio Olympics for NBC, 2015 and 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup for FOX. Slaton played for the U.S. Women's National Team from 2000-2005, earning a silver medal at the 2000 Olympic Games and a bronze in the 2003 FIFA Women's World Cup. She also played professionally for Olympique Lyonnias in France, after spending her college years at Santa Clara University, where she captained her team to a NCAA championship in 2001. She was three-time All-American and was named the 2001 NCAA Scholar Athlete of the Year.
Following the success of Telemundo 48's broadcasts in 2019, three additional matches will air on the Spanish-language network in 2020: vs. Sporting Kansas City on Saturday, March 21 (6:45 p.m.); at Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday, Aug. 22 (7 p.m.); and vs. Real Salt Lake on Saturday, Sept. 19 (6:45 p.m.).
Telemundo's broadcasts will feature KZSF's radio team in the booth, and will be joined by Telemundo 48 Sports Anchors, Carlos Mauricio RamÃrez & Carlos Yustis, who will also run features on the Noticiero Telemundo 48 sports segments. Ramirez & Yustis have served as a sports narrators and commentators for events such as FIFA World Cup, Eurocup, Copa America, NBC, The Major Leagues, UEFA, Champions League, and Copa Libertadores, among much more.
Passarelli and Dangerfield will be providing English-language commentary available via SAP for all three matches airing on Telemundo 48. These matches will also be streaming in English via the NBC Sports app.
KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF will continue serving as the club's radio broadcast stations in English and Spanish, respectively. KNBR 1050 will be the English radio home of the Quakes for the fourth consecutive season, while 1370 KZSF "La Kaliente" will be the team's Spanish-language flagship for the 10th season in a row.
KNBR maintains one of the strongest reputations in American sports radio and also serves as a radio partner for both the San Francisco Giants and San Francisco 49ers. KNBR's broadcast team will include the familiar faces, and voices, of Ted Ramey and Joe Cannon. Ramey will serve as the primary play-by-play voice for home and away broadcasts for the seventh consecutive year. His resume includes work for soccer, hockey, football, track and field, and CrossFit. He has been a talk show personality in the Bay Area since 2012 and has been hosting the San Jose Earthquakes' Soccer Hour on KNBR 1050 since 2016. Ramey is a sports and traffic anchor for KCBS Radio and has been the morning sports anchor for "The Lamont and Tonelli Show" since 2012. Cannon will serve as the color analyst for home matches for the seventh straight season. He started his Earthquakes playing career in 1999, helped San Jose win its first MLS Cup in 2001 and later captured MLS Goalkeeper of the Year honors in 2002. During his career, Cannon spent seven seasons with the Quakes and still leads the club's goalkeeping records in games started (171), minutes played (15,561), wins (66) and saves (693).
1370 KZSF is a locally owned Spanish-language station that hosts daily sports talk shows and also plays a wide variety of pop-music. Carlos Cesar Rivera returns as the Spanish-language broadcaster for the Earthquakes, and also hosts La Kaliente's sports talk show from 5-7 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, which covers MLS and Liga MX, as well as many other sports teams in the Bay Area. Rivera came to the Earthquakes with a distinguished sports broadcasting background, having called games for the San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders, Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants and the San Francisco Bay Blackhawks during his lengthy career. Ramiro Corrales will serve as the broadcast's color analyst for the second season in the row following a lengthy playing career that saw him be inducted in the club's Hall of Fame in 2015. He currently ranks second in starts (228), third in appearances (250) and sixth in assists (32) in Quakes history.
In addition to KNBR and KZSF, all matches will be streamed digitally via TuneIn radio. TuneIn will provide a Quakes hub, hosting live broadcasts with pre- and postgame shows, on-demand content, match replays and more. This is all available on the TuneIn app or by visiting TuneIn.com.
DATE OPP TIME (PT) TV CHANNEL RADIO
Sat., Feb. 29 TOR 2:15 p.m. NBCSBA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., March 7 MIN 4:45 p.m. NBCSBA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., March 14 PHI 4:30 p.m. NBCSCA+ KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., March 21 SKC 6:45 p.m. Telemundo 48 KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., April 4 MIN 5:00 p.m. NBCSBA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., April 11 DC 1:45 p.m. ESPN KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Wed., April 15 COL 6:00 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., April 18 MIA 12:30 p.m. Univision KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sun., April 26 CIN 2:00 p.m. NBCSCA+ KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Wed., April 29 VAN 7:15 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sun., May 3 HOU 1:00 p.m. NBCSBA+ KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., May 9 LAFC 6:45 p.m. NBCSCA+ KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Wed., May 13 SEA 7:15 p.m. NBCSCA+ KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., May 16 RSL 6:00 p.m. NBCSBA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., May 23 MTL 12:00 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., May 30 ATL 2:45 p.m. UniMas KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., June 13 LA 7:00 p.m. UniMas KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., June 20 NSH 6:45 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., June 27* LA 6:45 p.m. UniMas KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., July 4 DAL 5:00 p.m. UniMas KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., July 11 NYC 6:45 p.m. UniMas KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., July 18 POR 7:30 p.m. NBCSBA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., July 25 NSH 5:00 p.m. NBCSBA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., Aug. 1 NE 6:45 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Wed., Aug. 5 CHI 5:00 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sun., Aug. 9 HOU 5:45 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., Aug. 15 SKC 5:30 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., Aug. 22 VAN 7:00 p.m. Telemundo 48 KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., Aug. 29 DAL 6:45 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., Sept. 12 POR 6:45 p.m. NBCSBA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Wed., Sept. 16 SEA 7:30 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sat., Sept. 19 RSL 6:45 p.m. Telemundo 48 KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sun., Sept. 27 LAFC 12:30 p.m. Univision KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
Sun., Oct. 4 COL 1:15 p.m. NBCSCA KNBR 1050; 1370 KZSF
*Match will be played at Stanford Stadium.
All times and dates are subject to change. All home games in bold.
NBCSBA = NBC Sports Bay Area; NBCSCA = NBC Sports California; Telemundo 48 = KSTS;
NBCSBA+ = NBC Sports Bay Area Plus; NBCSCA+ = NBC Sports California Plus
*KSTS Telemundo 48 is on Channel 48 over the air and Channel 18/718 on cable.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2020
- Game Notes: New York City FC 1 - 0 AD San Carlos; NYCFC Advances to SCCL Quarterfinals - New York City FC
- David Norman Jr.: from Idolizing David Beckham to Joining Inter Miami as a Player - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC and the 3252 Independent Supporters Union Team up Once Again to Ensure Inclusive Environment for All Fans - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2020 Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Hosts Leon in Leg Two of Concacaf Champions League Round Two - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Opens CenturyLink Field this Week with Two Exciting Matches, Including Sunday's Championship Celebration - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: the 2020 Home Opener - Orlando City SC
- Training Report: Nashville SC Ready to Soak in Big Moment as MLS Debut Approaches - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2020 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Days to Debut: Inter Miami Goalkeeper and MLS Veteran Luis Robles Named Team Captain - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas 2020 Season Opener Information - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Announce Upgrades to Red Bull Arena for 2020 Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and Second Spectrum Announce Ground Breaking Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Broadcast Schedule and Partners, PHL 17 and 6abc - Philadelphia Union
- Colorado Rapids vs D.C. United: Keys to the Match - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Partners with Georgia Soccer to Deliver Community Clinics Through Innovate to Grow Fund - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Announces Technical Staff Updates Ahead of 2020 Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- A New Tradition Is Born: Welcome Your Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Sign Forward Jeremy Ebobisse to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires No. 1 Spot in Allocation Ranking from Nashville SC - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires Allocation Money and SuperDraft Pick - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveil 2020 Secondary Kit, Season-Long Ã¢ÂÂStand for Chicago' Patch Series - Chicago Fire
- Major League Soccer Releases New Official Anthem by Legendary Composer Hans Zimmer - MLS
- 2020 Season Preview: The Midfielders - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Announces BODYARMOR as Official Sports Drink - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeats FC Motagua 3-0 in Leg Two of 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 23, 2020
- Quakes eliminated after forcing No. 1 seed to penalty kicks
- Earthquakes Face Sporting KC Today in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 16, 2020