Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2020 Season
SEATTLE, WASH. - Seattle Sounders FC today announced its complete regional broadcast details for the 2020 Major League Soccer season. Supporters of the Rave Green can continue to follow the defending MLS champions through a variety of ways, as Seattle maintains its relationships with all of its existing regional television and radio partners. An announcement regarding digital streaming options is forthcoming.
"We're excited to be able to continue these successful relationships with our broadcast partners: Q13 and JOEtv, Univision Seattle, iHeartMedia Seattle and El Rey 1360 AM," said Sounders FC President of Business Operations Peter Tomozawa. "As a club, we care deeply about providing our fans top quality offerings for following the team across an array of platforms, and we know that all of these partners are committed to doing just that."
In regional television, the club's home remains Q13 FOX (KCPQ-Channel 13) and JOEtv (KZJO-Channel 22), seeing JOEtv return as the dedicated television home for all regional broadcasts of the Rave Green throughout Western Washington for the third straight season. In addition to televising all home and away Sounders FC matches to in-market fans for non-nationally televised broadcasts, JOEtv continues to provide both a 30-minute pre-match show and 30-minute post-match wrap-up following each contest.
Q13 FOX is also airing two feature-length Sounders FC specials during the 2020 season, in addition to profiling the team during the weekly "Q It Up" sportscast each Friday throughout the year, shown on both Q13 FOX and JOEtv. Dating back to the first year of the partnership between the Rave Green and KCPQ in 2014, Sounders FC's regional broadcast ratings have led Major League Soccer each season, including a league record in 2019.
"Q13 FOX and JOEtv are excited to return for another season as the local broadcast home for Seattle Sounders FC matches and original programming," said Pam Pearson, Senior Vice President & General Manager. "This partnership perfectly aligns with our mission to bring local viewers closer to the things they love, and few things bring more people in this community together like the MLS Cup Champions!"
Keith Costigan, Kasey Keller and Steve Zakuani all return to the booth in 2020, reprising their roles from past seasons. In his fifth year with Sounders FC, Costigan is once again set to call regional matches for the Rave Green, while maintaining his national duties with FOX Sports. Former MLS Sounders Keller and Zakuani return to their analyst duties, with the former United States Men's National Team goalkeeper and 2009 first overall SuperDraft selection working alongside a stable of rotating pre-match, halftime and post-match talent. Included within this group is Q13 FOX sports reporter and anchor Michelle Ludtka, in addition to former Sounders Marcus Hahnemann, James Riley, and, a new addition this season, Brad Evans, who recently returned to the club in a full-time role that includes assisting with select broadcasts.
The home of Sounders FC's Spanish-language television programming remains Sinclair Broadcast Group, which is set to air a select number of MLS match telecasts on Univision Seattle (KUNS-TV), with the specific match schedule to be released at a later date. Sounders FC FÃºtbol en Vivo is again hosted by Univision Seattle's play-by-play voice Jaime Mendez with analyst Diego Arrioja. KUNS-TV is also scheduled to air 15 episodes of Sounders FC en Acción, a 30-minute recap show on Univision Seattle hosted by Mendez and Arrioja. The show is slated to air throughout the season and fans should check their Univision schedule via their respective broadcast providers for additional details.
"We are excited to continue bringing the world's game directly to our vibrant local Hispanic community with coverage of Sounders FC soccer," said Ted Davis, General Sales Manager of KUNS-Univision Seattle.
In radio, Sounders FC continues its flagship partnership with iHeartMedia Seattle for the third consecutive season. All home and away Sounders FC MLS matches are being carried on Sports Radio 950 KJR AM, including a 30-minute pregame and 30-minute postgame show surrounding each contest. Former KJR producer Matt Johnson reprises his play-by-play role with Sounders FC radio, alongside a number of talented Seattle soccer analysts, including former Sounder players Wade Webber and Danny Jackson, in addition to Seattle University Head Coach and longtime Sounders FC analyst Pete Fewing. Additionally, the station is set to carry the hour-long Sounders Weekly, hosted by Jackson Felts and scheduled to air at 7:00 p.m. PT every Tuesday evening throughout the season.
"After a championship season, we are thrilled to continue to be the home of Sounders FC," said Robert Dove, President of the Pacific Northwest Region for iHeartMedia. "Bringing local sports programming to the fans of Seattle continues to be 950 KJR's highest priority, and we are looking forward to another season covering the club and its quest to repeat as MLS Cup Champions!"
The club also continues its partnership with El Rey 1360 AM as the Spanish-language home for Sounders FC matches in 2020, under a renewed multi-year agreement. With play-by-play voice "Zuper" Mario RodrÃguez alongside Carlos Tapia and Felipe Maqueda on the call, El Rey 1360 AM is set to carry all 34 Sounders FC matches during the 2020 regular season. El Rey 1360 AM also provides 30-minute pre-match and post-match shows as part of their matchday coverage, as well as a 30-minute weekly radio show, Somos Sounders FC. The latter is hosted by Felipe Maqueda, and he is joined by Carolina Antipolo and Carlos Tapia, airing Saturday mornings at 10:30 a.m. PT.
"El Rey 1360AM is very happy to continue its long-standing relationship with Seattle Sounders FC," said Jorge Madrazo, Vice President, Community Relations for Sea Mar Community Health Centers. "We look forward to serving the club's fans and our community through exceptional reporting on the team and can't wait to watch the Rave Green compete for another MLS Cup."
Seattle's 2020 MLS season begins this Sunday, March 1, as the Rave Green host Chicago Fire FC in a 12:00 p.m. PT kickoff nationally televised on ESPN. The match features a Championship Celebration theme, complete with the unveiling of the 2019 MLS Cup Champions banner in the rafters of CenturyLink Field as the defending champions set off on a new campaign.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2020
- Game Notes: New York City FC 1 - 0 AD San Carlos; NYCFC Advances to SCCL Quarterfinals - New York City FC
- David Norman Jr.: from Idolizing David Beckham to Joining Inter Miami as a Player - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC and the 3252 Independent Supporters Union Team up Once Again to Ensure Inclusive Environment for All Fans - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2020 Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Hosts Leon in Leg Two of Concacaf Champions League Round Two - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Opens CenturyLink Field this Week with Two Exciting Matches, Including Sunday's Championship Celebration - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: the 2020 Home Opener - Orlando City SC
- Training Report: Nashville SC Ready to Soak in Big Moment as MLS Debut Approaches - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2020 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Days to Debut: Inter Miami Goalkeeper and MLS Veteran Luis Robles Named Team Captain - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas 2020 Season Opener Information - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Announce Upgrades to Red Bull Arena for 2020 Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and Second Spectrum Announce Ground Breaking Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Broadcast Schedule and Partners, PHL 17 and 6abc - Philadelphia Union
- Colorado Rapids vs D.C. United: Keys to the Match - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Partners with Georgia Soccer to Deliver Community Clinics Through Innovate to Grow Fund - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Announces Technical Staff Updates Ahead of 2020 Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- A New Tradition Is Born: Welcome Your Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Sign Forward Jeremy Ebobisse to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires No. 1 Spot in Allocation Ranking from Nashville SC - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires Allocation Money and SuperDraft Pick - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveil 2020 Secondary Kit, Season-Long Ã¢ÂÂStand for Chicago' Patch Series - Chicago Fire FC
- Major League Soccer Releases New Official Anthem by Legendary Composer Hans Zimmer - MLS
- 2020 Season Preview: The Midfielders - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Announces BODYARMOR as Official Sports Drink - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeats FC Motagua 3-0 in Leg Two of 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Real Salt Lake - June 23, 2021
- Sounders FC Encourages Fans to Arrive Early to this Week's Matches, with Vaccination Verification Currently in Place
- Sounders FC Captures 2-1 Comeback Victory at LA Galaxy, Remaining Unbeaten in 2021
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at La Galaxy - June 19, 2021
- Tacoma Ends Road Stretch with 4-2 Loss at Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC