Major League Soccer Releases New Official Anthem by Legendary Composer Hans Zimmer
February 26, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - To coincide with the start of the 25th Season of Major League Soccer, the league today unveiled an all-new official anthem. The track is composed by world-renowned musician Hans Zimmer, the Grammy and Academy Award-winning composer of the scores for Gladiator, The Lion King and more than 150 major films spanning over four decades.
Beginning with the launch of the 2020 MLS season this Saturday, Feb. 29, the new anthem will be played during the player procession at all MLS games, featured on MLS broadcasts and soon to be available across all popular music streaming services. Major League Soccer's new anthem was recorded domestically at Ocean Way Recording Studios in Nashville and featured over 40 session musicians.
"Nothing moves people like the global game of soccer, composing an anthem for Major League Soccer was a thrilling challenge and a great honor given its growth and increasing stature in world sports" said Zimmer. "I'm proud of the finished product and of all of the artists who worked on the piece. We have created an anthem that captures the true spirit of MLS and its supporters during this remarkable era for the league."
Zimmer is recognized as one of the world's most innovative musical talents. While working on the MLS anthem, Zimmer composed the score for the new James Bond movie, "No Time To Die," which will be released in April. Besides his Oscar-winning score for The Lion King, among his other work is the music for the Pirates of the Caribbean series and The Dark Knight trilogy. Zimmer has earned four Grammy Awards, three Classical BRIT Awards, two Golden Globes and an Academy Award. Prior to his iconic work in films, Zimmer first rose to stardom as a member of the pioneering band The Buggles, whose hit "Video Killed the Radio Star" ushered in a new era as the first music video aired on MTV.
"Hans Zimmer has created a bold, modern, progressive anthem for MLS. A piece of music that captures the color and energy in our stadiums and lends on the rhythm that is created by our fans" said David Bruce, MLS SVP of Brand and Integrated Marketing. "His work sets the stage for what is about to unfold, the drama, the anticipation, the emergence of our biggest stars as they appear on the field and the noise leading to kickoff."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2020
- Game Notes: New York City FC 1 - 0 AD San Carlos; NYCFC Advances to SCCL Quarterfinals - New York City FC
- David Norman Jr.: from Idolizing David Beckham to Joining Inter Miami as a Player - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC and the 3252 Independent Supporters Union Team up Once Again to Ensure Inclusive Environment for All Fans - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2020 Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Hosts Leon in Leg Two of Concacaf Champions League Round Two - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Opens CenturyLink Field this Week with Two Exciting Matches, Including Sunday's Championship Celebration - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: the 2020 Home Opener - Orlando City SC
- Training Report: Nashville SC Ready to Soak in Big Moment as MLS Debut Approaches - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2020 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Days to Debut: Inter Miami Goalkeeper and MLS Veteran Luis Robles Named Team Captain - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas 2020 Season Opener Information - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Announce Upgrades to Red Bull Arena for 2020 Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and Second Spectrum Announce Ground Breaking Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Broadcast Schedule and Partners, PHL 17 and 6abc - Philadelphia Union
- Colorado Rapids vs D.C. United: Keys to the Match - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Partners with Georgia Soccer to Deliver Community Clinics Through Innovate to Grow Fund - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Announces Technical Staff Updates Ahead of 2020 Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- A New Tradition Is Born: Welcome Your Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Sign Forward Jeremy Ebobisse to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires No. 1 Spot in Allocation Ranking from Nashville SC - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires Allocation Money and SuperDraft Pick - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveil 2020 Secondary Kit, Season-Long Ã¢ÂÂStand for Chicago' Patch Series - Chicago Fire
- Major League Soccer Releases New Official Anthem by Legendary Composer Hans Zimmer - MLS
- 2020 Season Preview: The Midfielders - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Announces BODYARMOR as Official Sports Drink - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeats FC Motagua 3-0 in Leg Two of 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.