LAFC Hosts Leon in Leg Two of Concacaf Champions League Round Two
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) returns to Banc of California Stadium on Thursday, February 27 at 7:00 p.m. PT as the Club hosts Club LeÃ³n from Mexico in the second leg of their Round of 16 matchup in the 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League. The match will be broadcast live on FS1 and TUDN.
With goals from forwards Jean Meneses and Angel Mena in the first leg of the series in LeÃ³n, LAFC dropped its first competitive game of the season 2-0 on February 18. In order to advance to the quarterfinals of the tournament, LAFC must win 2-0 to force penalty kicks or win by at least three goals, should LeÃ³n score a road goal tomorrow night.
Following Thursday's contest against LeÃ³n, LAFC will kick off its third campaign in Major League Soccer on Sunday, March 1. After a record-breaking season last year that saw the Club win the 2019 Supporters' Shield with a 21-4-9 overall record, the Club will begin the regular season by hosting expansion side Inter Miami CF March 1 at 2:30 p.m. PT at Banc of California Stadium on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, 710 AM ESPN and 980 AM.
Meanwhile, LeÃ³n followed up last week's victory over LAFC by defeating Necaxa 2-1 on Saturday evening to remain in second place in the Liga MX standings with 15 points after seven games (5-0-2 record).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 26, 2020
- Game Notes: New York City FC 1 - 0 AD San Carlos; NYCFC Advances to SCCL Quarterfinals - New York City FC
- David Norman Jr.: from Idolizing David Beckham to Joining Inter Miami as a Player - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC and the 3252 Independent Supporters Union Team up Once Again to Ensure Inclusive Environment for All Fans - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Announce Local Broadcast Information for 2020 Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Hosts Leon in Leg Two of Concacaf Champions League Round Two - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Opens CenturyLink Field this Week with Two Exciting Matches, Including Sunday's Championship Celebration - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: the 2020 Home Opener - Orlando City SC
- Training Report: Nashville SC Ready to Soak in Big Moment as MLS Debut Approaches - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2020 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Days to Debut: Inter Miami Goalkeeper and MLS Veteran Luis Robles Named Team Captain - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas 2020 Season Opener Information - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Announce Upgrades to Red Bull Arena for 2020 Season - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and Second Spectrum Announce Ground Breaking Multi-Year Partnership - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2020 Broadcast Schedule and Partners, PHL 17 and 6abc - Philadelphia Union
- Colorado Rapids vs D.C. United: Keys to the Match - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Partners with Georgia Soccer to Deliver Community Clinics Through Innovate to Grow Fund - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC Announces Technical Staff Updates Ahead of 2020 Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- A New Tradition Is Born: Welcome Your Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Sign Forward Jeremy Ebobisse to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- LAFC Acquires No. 1 Spot in Allocation Ranking from Nashville SC - Los Angeles FC
- Nashville SC Acquires Allocation Money and SuperDraft Pick - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveil 2020 Secondary Kit, Season-Long Ã¢ÂÂStand for Chicago' Patch Series - Chicago Fire
- Major League Soccer Releases New Official Anthem by Legendary Composer Hans Zimmer - MLS
- 2020 Season Preview: The Midfielders - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC Announces BODYARMOR as Official Sports Drink - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Defeats FC Motagua 3-0 in Leg Two of 2020 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Prepares for Playoffs with for Los Angeles Specials at L.A. Restaurants
- LAFC Collaborates with Postmates to Bring Gear to Fans' Doorsteps
- LAFC's Diego Rossi Named to 2020 MLS Best XI