Davidson Returns on One-Year Contract
(Rochester, NY) - The Buffalo Sabres announced today that the team has re-signed defenseman Brandon Davidson to a one-year contract for the 2020-21 season.
Davidson appeared in six games with the Sabres last season while also appearing in two American Hockey League contests with the Rochester Americans.
A sixth-round pick (162nd overall) of the Edmonton Oilers in 2010, Davidson appeared in a combined 12 NHL games with the Calgary Flames and San Jose Sharks in 2019-20 while also recording an AHL career-high 20 points (3+17) in 34 appearances for the Stockton Heat. He led all Stockton defensemen in points per game (.59) during the 2019-20 campaign (minimum five games played) and ranked third among team blueliners in overall scoring.
A native of Taber, Alberta, the 29-year-old Davidson has totaled 23 points (9+14) in 180 career NHL games with Buffalo, Edmonton, Montreal, NY Islanders, Chicago, Calgary and San Jose, while also adding 49 points (15+34) over 192 AHL contests with Rochester, Oklahoma City, Rockford and Stockton.
During the 2012-13 season, he received the AHL's Fred T. Hunt Award in recognition of his sportsmanship, determination and dedication to the game of hockey.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-2, 208-pound defenseman played three seasons with the Regina Pats of the Western Hockey League. He was named to the WHL (East) Second All-Star Team in 2012 after a 49-point campaign as the captain of the Pats in his last junior season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 28, 2021
- Forward Chad Yetman Returns to IceHogs and Ready to Build off of 2021 Rookie Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Dell Signs One-Year Contact with Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Preds Agree to Terms with Luff - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flyers Sign Five Including Return of Fitzgerald, AHL MVP Mayhew - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Davidson Returns on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Bring Back Malone on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Capitals Add Veteran Defenders Dylan McIlrath and Matt Irwin, Sign Shepard, Re-Sign Johansen - Hershey Bears
- Nashville Signs Tennyson to Two-Year Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Dominic Turgeon to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Jon Lizotte to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2021-22 Season - Cleveland Monsters
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther to Two-Year Contract Through 2022-23 - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Joe Hicketts to a Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- McCarron Signs for Two Years with Preds - Milwaukee Admirals
- Richard Returns for 2021-22 Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls Name Daniel Jacob and Max Talbot Assistant Coaches - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Alexander Petrovic to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Colorado Adds Defenseman Andreas Englund - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Signs Forward Bryce Misley to AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Former WBS Coach Mike Sullivan to Guide USA Olympic Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Announce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy at Blue Cross Arena
- Amerks Individual Game Tickets for 2021-2022 Regular Season on Sale Now
- Amerks Announce 2021-22 Preseason Schedule
- Amerks Announce Staff Additions to Hockey Operations Department
- Amerks Sign Four to AHL Contracts