Richard Returns for 2021-22 Season
Milwaukee, WI - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the team has signed forward Anthony Richard to a one-year, two-way contract worth $750,000 at the NHL level.
With the Ads opting out of the 2020-21 season, Richard skated the entire campaign with theChicago Wolves and was among the team's leaders in goals with 11 (third) and points with 18 (tied for seventh). Despite playing in 32 fewer games in 2020-21 than he did the previous season, he was just three goals and five points shy of matching his totals of 14 and 23, respectively, in 60 contests with the Admirals in 2019-20. Richard also recorded a career-high plus-minus of +8 and found the back of the net on both the power play (2) and while shorthanded (1) for the third straight AHL season.
Originally drafted by the Predators in the fourth round (100th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft, Richard owns two games of NHL experience with Nashville, the most recent coming on Oct. 26, 2019 at Tampa Bay. The 5-foot-10, 163-pound forward is also a veteran of 291 career AHL contests with Milwaukee and Chicago, recording 140 points (72g-68a), including a career-high 47 (24g-23a) in 2018-19 for the Admirals.
Richard joined the Admirals in the 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs following the completion of his junior career with the QMJHL's Val-d'Or Foreurs. The Trois-Rivieres, Que., native played in the Memorial Cup with Val-d'Or in 2014 and recorded 238 points (111g-127a) in 232 QMJHL contests, including a high of 91 (43g-48a) in 2014-15. Internationally, Richard represented Canada-Quebec at the 2013 World U-17 Hockey Challenge, where he had one goal in six games.
The Admirals will kick-off next season by hosting the Grand Rapids Griffins on Saturday, October 16th at 6 pm at Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 28, 2021
- Forward Chad Yetman Returns to IceHogs and Ready to Build off of 2021 Rookie Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Dell Signs One-Year Contact with Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Preds Agree to Terms with Luff - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flyers Sign Five Including Return of Fitzgerald, AHL MVP Mayhew - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Davidson Returns on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Bring Back Malone on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Capitals Add Veteran Defenders Dylan McIlrath and Matt Irwin, Sign Shepard, Re-Sign Johansen - Hershey Bears
- Nashville Signs Tennyson to Two-Year Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Dominic Turgeon to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Jon Lizotte to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2021-22 Season - Cleveland Monsters
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther to Two-Year Contract Through 2022-23 - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Joe Hicketts to a Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- McCarron Signs for Two Years with Preds - Milwaukee Admirals
- Richard Returns for 2021-22 Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls Name Daniel Jacob and Max Talbot Assistant Coaches - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Alexander Petrovic to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Colorado Adds Defenseman Andreas Englund - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Signs Forward Bryce Misley to AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Former WBS Coach Mike Sullivan to Guide USA Olympic Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.