Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2021-22 Season
COLUMBUS, OHIO - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Tyler Sikura to a one-year, two-way National Hockey League/American Hockey League contract for the 2021-22 season, club General Manager and Alternate Governor Jarmo Kekalainen announced today.
Sikura, 29, has posted 55 goals and 58 assists for 113 points with 70 penalty minutes and a cumulative +14 plus/minus rating in 238 career AHL games with the Cleveland Monsters, Rockford IceHogs, Iowa Wild, Portland Pirates and Springfield Falcons since making his pro debut at the end of the 2014-15 campaign. He has posted double digit goals and 20-plus points in three of his last four AHL seasons.
The Aurora, Ontario native was signed by the Monsters to an AHL contract last season and notched 11-10-21 with 10 penalty minutes, five power play goals and 66 shots in 29 contests with the club. He tied for the team lead in goals and power play goals and ranked second in points and third in shots on goal.
The 6-0, 194-pound forward set a career high in assists in 2019-20 with 14-20-34 in 63 appearances with Rockford. In 2017-18, he registered career highs in goals, points, plus/minus and games played with 23-16-39 and a +24 plus/minus rating in 74 contests with the IceHogs.
Sikura tallied 30-52-82 with 40 penalty minutes in 115 career games in the ECHL with the Manchester Monarchs and Toledo Walleye from 2015-17. Prior to turning pro, he racked up 36-56-92 and 61 penalty minutes in 125 career games at Dartmouth College from 2011-15. He served as the team's captain in his junior and senior seasons in 2013-14 and 2014-15.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 28, 2021
- Forward Chad Yetman Returns to IceHogs and Ready to Build off of 2021 Rookie Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Dell Signs One-Year Contact with Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Preds Agree to Terms with Luff - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flyers Sign Five Including Return of Fitzgerald, AHL MVP Mayhew - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Davidson Returns on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Bring Back Malone on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Capitals Add Veteran Defenders Dylan McIlrath and Matt Irwin, Sign Shepard, Re-Sign Johansen - Hershey Bears
- Nashville Signs Tennyson to Two-Year Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Dominic Turgeon to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Jon Lizotte to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2021-22 Season - Cleveland Monsters
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther to Two-Year Contract Through 2022-23 - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Joe Hicketts to a Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- McCarron Signs for Two Years with Preds - Milwaukee Admirals
- Richard Returns for 2021-22 Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls Name Daniel Jacob and Max Talbot Assistant Coaches - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Alexander Petrovic to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Colorado Adds Defenseman Andreas Englund - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Signs Forward Bryce Misley to AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Former WBS Coach Mike Sullivan to Guide USA Olympic Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Add Forwards Zach Jordan, Jake Slaker on AHL Contracts
- Blue Jackets Name Mark Letestu as Assistant Coach for AHL's Cleveland Monsters, Promote Derek Dorsett to Development Coach
- Cleveland Monsters Announce Partnership with Positive Coaching Alliance
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Coaching Staff Changes
- Monsters Announce Pair of Game Time Changes