Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman to a One-Year Contract
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has signed defenseman Andreas Borgman to a one-year, two-way contract.
Borgman, 26, split the 2020-21 season between Tampa Bay and Syracuse of the American Hockey League (AHL). The defenseman skated in seven regular-season NHL games with Tampa Bay last season and recorded two assists (0-2=2) with seven shots on goal and four penalty minutes. He also tallied five points (3-2=5) and a +5 plus/minus rating in 12 regular-season AHL games with Syracuse in 2020-21.
Borgman has registered 13 points (3-10=13) in 55 career regular-season NHL games over parts of two seasons with Toronto and Tampa Bay. The defenseman has also skated in 135 career regular-season AHL contests with Toronto, San Antonio and Syracuse, posting 47 career points (13-34=47). He's recorded two points (1-1=2) in 15 career AHL postseason games and helped Toronto win the 2018 Calder Cup. Borgman has made on appearance on the international stage with Team Sweden, recording one assist (0-1=1) in five games during the 2013 World U18 Championship.
The 6-foot, 205-pound native of Stockholm, Sweden was originally undrafted and signed as a free agent by Toronto on May 16, 2017 before being signed as a free agent by Tampa Bay on Oct. 9, 2020.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
Images from this story
Defenseman Andreas Borgman with the Syracuse Crunch
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 28, 2021
- Forward Chad Yetman Returns to IceHogs and Ready to Build off of 2021 Rookie Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Dell Signs One-Year Contact with Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Preds Agree to Terms with Luff - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flyers Sign Five Including Return of Fitzgerald, AHL MVP Mayhew - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Davidson Returns on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Bring Back Malone on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Capitals Add Veteran Defenders Dylan McIlrath and Matt Irwin, Sign Shepard, Re-Sign Johansen - Hershey Bears
- Nashville Signs Tennyson to Two-Year Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Dominic Turgeon to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Jon Lizotte to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2021-22 Season - Cleveland Monsters
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther to Two-Year Contract Through 2022-23 - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Joe Hicketts to a Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- McCarron Signs for Two Years with Preds - Milwaukee Admirals
- Richard Returns for 2021-22 Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls Name Daniel Jacob and Max Talbot Assistant Coaches - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Alexander Petrovic to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Colorado Adds Defenseman Andreas Englund - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Signs Forward Bryce Misley to AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Former WBS Coach Mike Sullivan to Guide USA Olympic Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.