Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Dominic Turgeon to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed forward Dominic Turgeon to a one-year, two-way contract ($750,000/$155,000).
Turgeon, 25 (2/25/96), collected 13 points (6-7=13) in 31 games with the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League (AHL) during the 2020-21 season. The 6-foot-2, 199-pound native of Pointe-Claire, Quebec, recorded a season-high five shots Feb. 13 at Cleveland and a season-high three-game point streak (1-3=4) from March 20-27. The left-shot forward owns 106 points (42-64=106), seven game-winning goals (GWG), 81 PIM and 458 shots on goal in 306 career AHL games with the Griffins (2016-21). He has five points (2-3=5) and 28 shots in 22 AHL playoff contests (2017, 2019).
Turgeon was selected by Detroit in the third round (63rd overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft. He made his NHL debut Jan. 14, 2018 at Chicago and has skated in nine career NHL games in parts of two seasons with the Red Wings (2017-19). Dominic is the son of former NHL forward, Pierre Turgeon, who skated in 1,294 NHL games in 19 seasons with Buffalo, New York Islanders, Montreal, St. Louis, Dallas and Colorado (1987-2007).
Turgeon collected 152 points (67-85Œ), a plus-37 rating, 91 PIM, 17 power-play goals (PPG), five shorthanded goals and eight GWG in 259 career games with Portland of the Western Hockey League (WHL) in five seasons (2011-16). He led the Winterhawks in goals (36), PPG (12), SHG (3), GWG (4) and points (70) in his final season (2015-16). The forward registered 18 points (10-8=18) in 45 postseason contests with Portland (2013-2016).
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 28, 2021
- Dell Signs One-Year Contact with Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Preds Agree to Terms with Luff - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flyers Sign Five Including Return of Fitzgerald, AHL MVP Mayhew - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Davidson Returns on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Bring Back Malone on One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Capitals Add Veteran Defenders Dylan McIlrath and Matt Irwin, Sign Shepard, Re-Sign Johansen - Hershey Bears
- Nashville Signs Tennyson to Two-Year Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Minnesota Wild Signs Forward Dominic Turgeon to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Jon Lizotte to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2021-22 Season - Cleveland Monsters
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther to Two-Year Contract Through 2022-23 - Cleveland Monsters
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Joe Hicketts to a Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- McCarron Signs for Two Years with Preds - Milwaukee Admirals
- Richard Returns for 2021-22 Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls Name Daniel Jacob and Max Talbot Assistant Coaches - San Diego Gulls
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Alexander Petrovic to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Dallas Stars Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman to a One-Year Contract - Texas Stars
- Colorado Adds Defenseman Andreas Englund - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Signs Forward Bryce Misley to AHL Contract - Iowa Wild
- Former WBS Coach Mike Sullivan to Guide USA Olympic Team - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Minnesota Wild Names Joe O'Donnell New Radio Voice
- Iowa Wild Announces 2021-22 Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Iowa Wild Announces Time Change to January 15 Home Game
- Minnesota Wild to Host Tom Kurvers Prospect Showcase at Tria Rink
- Iowa Wild Announces 2021-22 Promotional Schedule