Cron Wins It for Reno in 2019 Home Finale
Reno, NV. - The final baseball game at Greater Nevada Field of 2019 was won by the Aces, 10-9, in walk-off fashion Sunday afternoon. Trailing 9-7 in the 10th inning, Abraham Almonte and Carlos Asuaje tied the game with RBI-singles. Kevin Cron then walked it off with a missile up the middle to score Almonte and win the game for Reno. It wasn't the only comeback, however. Trailing 6-2 in the sixth inning, the Aces put up a five-spot to take the lead. Carlos Asuaje and Lucas Herbert each had RBIs in the inning. It would be Abraham Almonte with the big hit though, a three-run blast onto the right field berm. The homer was his second of the game. The Bees initially took the lead in the top of the 10th on Jared Walsh's third dinger of the game, but it wasn't enough. The win was the first in extra-innings this season for Reno. Lucas Luetge earned the win in relief while Jake Jewell got the loss. Reno will hit the road for the final eight games of the regular season starting Monday. They will take on Sacramento and Johnny Cueto making a rehab start at 7:05 p.m. PT. tomorrow.
Top Performers - Reno
Abraham Almonte (3-for-6, 2 HR, 5 RBI)
Jamie Westbrook (2-for-4, RBI, R)
Lucas Herbert (1-for-4, RBI)
Top Performers - Salt Lake
Jared Walsh (4-for-6, 3 HR, 4 R, 5 RBI)
Michael Hermosillo (2-for-5, 2 R, RBI)
Justin Bour (2-for-5, 2 2B, RBI)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Monday August 26 Sacramento RHP Matt Koch vs. RHP Johnny Cueto 7:05 p.m. KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
Home Sweet Home: Today was the final game at Greater Nevada Field for the Aces in 2019. They finished with a record of 37-33 on the year. The Aces were 40-30 in 2018 at Greater Nevada Field.
Relief Dup: Jon Duplantier made his first appearance of the season for Reno out of the bullpen today. Prior to the outing, he was 0-2 with a 5.82 ERA in 11 starts this season. Today he went two innings allowing no runs on one hit to go with two strikeouts. The move is most likely in preparation for a move to the D-backs' bullpen for September call ups.
Thank You Fans: 336,215 walked through the gates of Greater Nevada Field this season. The most fans in attendance at a single game this season was 10,361 on the 4th of July. The longest game of the season by time was today, August 25, clocking in at four hours. The shortest game was 2 hours and 26 minutes on August 1, a 3-1 victory over the Iowa Cubs.
On-Deck: The Aces will close the 2019 regular season with eight games on the road, four in Sacramento and four in Salt Lake. They will face big leaguer Johnny Cueto in a rehab start tomorrow against the River Cats.
2020: 2020 Aces Season Tickets are on sale now! Head to the box office at Greater Nevada Field, call 775-334-4700 or visit http://acesmvp.com/ for more information!
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Overton Leads Mound Effort in 6-0 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizzlies down Isotopes 5-3 Sunday - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats settle for series split after dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Take Series Finale from Albuquerque, 5-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Stifle OKC Offense Sunday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- New Orleans Avoids Sweep with 2-1 Win over Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Beat Express 2-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Sweep OKC Behind Two Home Runs - San Antonio Missions
- Cron Wins It for Reno in 2019 Home Finale - Reno Aces
- Walsh Homers Three Times in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Win 14th Game in Last 16 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Drops Series against Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Lopes Home Run Lifts Sounds over Cubs - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-69) vs. Iowa Cubs (70-61) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (64-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-75) - Memphis Redbirds
- Preparing for a Playoff Push - San Antonio Missions
- Bees Win 11-7 in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- No Magic for Reno on Wizarding World Night - Reno Aces
- Wright Offers Strong Outing, Rainiers Out-Hit Late by Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Pair of seven-run innings sink River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Score Seven Twice, Roll 18-8 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Brandon Snyder goes deep but Albuquerque beats Fresno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Explode for 17 Runs in Victory over Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Open Six-Packs on Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada