Bees Win 11-7 in Reno
Michael Hermosillo drove in four runs to lead the Salt Lake Bees to an 11-7 win over the Reno Aces on Saturday night. Reno scored four runs in the third inning to take a 4-2 lead before Hermosillo belted a two run homer in the fourth, his 15th of the season, to tie the game.
Nick Franklin put the Bees in front with an RBI double in the fifth and it stayed 5-4 until the ninth inning. A walk and two singles loaded the bases with no outs and Roberto Pena followed with a bases loaded walk to make it a 6-4 Salt Lake lead. A wild pitch brought home another run and Hermosillo followed with a two run single. Jose Rojas closed out the scoring with a two run double. Reno scored three runs in the bottom of the ninth, but Jeremy Rhoades retired the final two batters to close out the game.
Bees starter Jason Alexander (2-5) earned the win, as he went a season high six innings and allowed four runs on nine hits with four strikeouts and no walks. Kaleb Cowart and Luke Bard each worked one scoreless inning in relief of Alexander. Rojas drove in three runs to bring his season total to 102 RBI, which makes him the 11th player in franchise history to reach the century mark in runs batted in. Rojas' two hits extended his hitting streak to seven games.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Overton Leads Mound Effort in 6-0 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizzlies down Isotopes 5-3 Sunday - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats settle for series split after dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Take Series Finale from Albuquerque, 5-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Stifle OKC Offense Sunday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- New Orleans Avoids Sweep with 2-1 Win over Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Beat Express 2-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Sweep OKC Behind Two Home Runs - San Antonio Missions
- Cron Wins It for Reno in 2019 Home Finale - Reno Aces
- Walsh Homers Three Times in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Win 14th Game in Last 16 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Drops Series against Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Lopes Home Run Lifts Sounds over Cubs - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-69) vs. Iowa Cubs (70-61) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (64-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-75) - Memphis Redbirds
- Preparing for a Playoff Push - San Antonio Missions
- Bees Win 11-7 in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- No Magic for Reno on Wizarding World Night - Reno Aces
- Wright Offers Strong Outing, Rainiers Out-Hit Late by Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Pair of seven-run innings sink River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Score Seven Twice, Roll 18-8 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Brandon Snyder goes deep but Albuquerque beats Fresno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Explode for 17 Runs in Victory over Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Open Six-Packs on Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Los Angeles Angels Extend Invitations to Four Minor League Affiliates
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign