Brandon Snyder goes deep but Albuquerque beats Fresno
Albuquerque, NM - The Albuquerque Isotopes (57-74) overwhelmed the Fresno Grizzlies (57-74) 17-7 Saturday evening from "The Lab." Both clubs combined for 38 hits with 18 of them going for extra-bases. Albuquerque recorded five runs in the third and another nine in the fifth to seal the victory. Matt Pierpont (1-1) was rewarded the decision while Paolo Espino (7-4) took the loss.
Trailing 3-0 in the first, Sam Hilliard got the Isotopes on the board with a two-run homer. That came on the 15th pitch of his at-bat. Hilliard had three hits and scored thrice. Roberto Ramos relished the other longball, a missile in the fifth. He mustered two hits and three RBI. Drew Butera led the Albuquerque offense with four hits and RBI. He laced a triple and a double, both coming in the fifth. Brian Mundell reached base four times, plating three RBI and runs for the Isotopes.
Six Grizzlies collected multi-hit nights. Yadiel Hernandez and Matt Reynolds had three hits apiece. In this series, Hernandez has nine hits (two for clouts), five RBI and four runs. Reynolds hammered his 13th dinger of the year, a solo shot. Brandon Snyder also notched a tater, his 30th of the 2019 campaign. He became the sixth Fresno batter to have 30 or more homers in a season. That would put him in a tie for fourth place on the single-season wallop list.
Carter Kieboom roped a pair of doubles and has reached base safely in 38 of his last 40 games dating to June 29. Kieboom has earned his way on base in 15 consecutive contests. Jake Noll and Wilmer Difo supplied two hits apiece in the defeat. The Grizzlies have now played in 11 straight contests where the winning team has plated eight-plus runs.
Top Performers: Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
- 1B/P Brandon Snyder (2-4, HR, 2 RBI, R; 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K)
- CF Matt Reynolds (3-5, HR, 2B, RBI, R)
- 2B Carter Kieboom (2-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI, R, BB)
Top Performers: Albuquerque Isotopes (Colorado Rockies)
- C Drew Butera (4-5, 3B, 2B, 4 RBI, 3 R)
- CF Sam Hilliard (3-5, HR, 2B, 2 RBI, 3 R, BB)
- 1B Roberto Ramos (2-5, HR, 3 RBI, R, BB)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Sunday August 25 Albuquerque Isotopes (Away) RHP Scott Copeland (Fresno) vs. LHP Pat Dean (Albuquerque) 5:05 p.m. KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: The 2017 Grizzlies' franchise record of 200 home runs is in peril; this year's club is ahead of the pace, tracking to hit 205 homers (192, nine games left). While baseballs may be different this season, the 2017 PCL schedule was 142 games when Fresno led all of Minor League Baseball in home runs. The 2019 Grizzlies will play 140 games or fewer.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Overton Leads Mound Effort in 6-0 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizzlies down Isotopes 5-3 Sunday - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats settle for series split after dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Take Series Finale from Albuquerque, 5-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Stifle OKC Offense Sunday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- New Orleans Avoids Sweep with 2-1 Win over Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Beat Express 2-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Sweep OKC Behind Two Home Runs - San Antonio Missions
- Cron Wins It for Reno in 2019 Home Finale - Reno Aces
- Walsh Homers Three Times in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Win 14th Game in Last 16 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Drops Series against Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Lopes Home Run Lifts Sounds over Cubs - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-69) vs. Iowa Cubs (70-61) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (64-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-75) - Memphis Redbirds
- Preparing for a Playoff Push - San Antonio Missions
- Bees Win 11-7 in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- No Magic for Reno on Wizarding World Night - Reno Aces
- Wright Offers Strong Outing, Rainiers Out-Hit Late by Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Pair of seven-run innings sink River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Score Seven Twice, Roll 18-8 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Brandon Snyder goes deep but Albuquerque beats Fresno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Explode for 17 Runs in Victory over Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Open Six-Packs on Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Statement from Fresno Grizzlies President Derek Franks
- Fresno Grizzlies Season Update
- Fresno Grizzlies Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Fowler Packing (Peelz), Save Mart, ABC 30, Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, and Grizzlies Join Forces to Surprise Senior Shoppers with Free Groceries
- Grizzlies Unveil 2020 Daily Specials