Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-69) vs. Iowa Cubs (70-61)
Games #130: Nashville Sounds (60-69) vs. Iowa Cubs (70-61)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Austin Bibens-Dirkx (1-3, 7.83) vs. RHP Alec Mills (6-3, 4.78)
First Pitch: 1:08 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Nashville vs. Mills: Alec Mills made his only relief appearance of the season against Nashville on April 28. He earned no decision after pitching 2.0 innings. Mills allowed 5 runs (4 earned) on 6 hits and 1 walk with 2 strikeouts. It was game one of a doubleheader, where the Sounds won 7-3 in seven innings. He has perfromed as such against active Sounds hitters: Jett Bandy, 0-1, K; Matt Davidson, 1-1, HR, RBI, BB; Zack Granite, 1-1, 2B; Andy Ibáñez, 0-2.
What the Beck?: Outfielder Preston Beck has been on a tear since joining Nashville on August 20. He recorded three hits Saturday night for the second time with the Sounds and the 9th time overall this season. Including his appearance as a substitute in the suspended May 10 contest versus Oklahoma City, Beck has a hit in each of his five games. He is hitting .529 (9-for-17) with 3 runs, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI, 3 walks and is slashing .600/.765/1.365.
Day Games: Today is the second-to-last day game scheduled for Nashville this season. Thus far, the Sounds are 7-15 in day games and go up against Iowa who has the most day games played in the PCL with a 21-16 record. Nashille has allowed a 6.45 ERA in their 22 day games and have the lowest batting average in the PCL during day games, hitting .241.
The Infield Transition: Infielder Isiah Kiner-Falefa has started two games at shortstop since being assigned to Nashville on August 23. His first game in the infield in 2019 was on July 20 with Double-A Frisco and his last game at catcher was on July 29 with the Rough Riders. In the 24 games since July 20, he's played third base in 17 games and shortstop 3 times between Frisco, Nashville and Texas. Kiner-Falefa was originally drafted as an infielder in 2013 and didn't start playing catcher until 2016
An Unlikely Loss: Nashville recorded 10 hits and outhit Iowa Saturday night and still fell to the Cubs. The Sounds are now 32-15 when recording 10-plus hits and are 40-11 when outhitting opponents.
What's the word around Nashville?
Nashville UTK Alumni (@utnashville)
Join us Saturday, August 31st, at 7pm, for UT Night at First Tennessee Park as the @nashvillesounds take on the San Antonio Missions @samissions ...the first 2,000 fans will receive a UT visor. Gates open at 6pm. Get there early! fevo.com/edp/Sounds-v-M...
Greg Scallan (@gregscallan)
I sat down with play by play announcers @JeffHemPBP with the @nashvillesounds and @azfreedman with the @okc_dodgers for a video interview on what it's like being a PBP man in the minor leagues. Look for it soon on @ProspectTimes!
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
Seth Maness is done after 5 solid innings for the @nashvillesounds. Final line: 5ip, 1r, 2h, 0bb, 3k (73/49). It marks the 9th time in his 20 starts he did not issue a walk, and he's walked just 15 this year in 111 innings. #Rangers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Overton Leads Mound Effort in 6-0 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizzlies down Isotopes 5-3 Sunday - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats settle for series split after dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Take Series Finale from Albuquerque, 5-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Stifle OKC Offense Sunday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- New Orleans Avoids Sweep with 2-1 Win over Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Beat Express 2-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Sweep OKC Behind Two Home Runs - San Antonio Missions
- Cron Wins It for Reno in 2019 Home Finale - Reno Aces
- Walsh Homers Three Times in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Win 14th Game in Last 16 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Drops Series against Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Lopes Home Run Lifts Sounds over Cubs - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-69) vs. Iowa Cubs (70-61) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (64-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-75) - Memphis Redbirds
- Preparing for a Playoff Push - San Antonio Missions
- Bees Win 11-7 in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- No Magic for Reno on Wizarding World Night - Reno Aces
- Wright Offers Strong Outing, Rainiers Out-Hit Late by Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Pair of seven-run innings sink River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Score Seven Twice, Roll 18-8 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Brandon Snyder goes deep but Albuquerque beats Fresno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Explode for 17 Runs in Victory over Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Open Six-Packs on Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Announce Season Ticket Member Deposit Campaign for 2021 Season
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park