Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers
San Antonio Missions (77-54) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (59-71)
Game #132/Home Game #70
Sunday, August 25, 6:05 p.m.
Nelson Wolff Stadium
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
LHP Brent Suter (0-0, 0.00) vs. RHP J.D. Martin (3-1, 6.48)
Orf's Career Night: Missions utility man Nate Orf had a career night at the plate last night, going 2-for-5 scoring three runs, hitting his first grand slam of his career, and driving in a career high five runs. Orf's previous high was four RBI which he accomplished four times, last time being July 28 against Omaha.
Grand Salami: With his fourth inning grand slam last night, Nate Orf joined Keston Hiura and David Freitas as the only Missions players to hit a grand slam this season. Hiura did so twice, and Freitas launched his on June 23 against Omaha.
RISP Takers: Missions hitters combined to go 8-for-10 with runners in a scoring position in last night's win. This marks the fourth time this season the Missions have collected eight hits with runners in scoring position (8/24, 8/7 & 7/26). The most hits with runners in scoring position came on June 18 when the Missions went 15-for-26 with runners in scoring position. The .800 average in last night's game is tied for the best average with runners in scoring position in a single game this season (4-for-5 on April 25).
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
Josh Baugh (@jbaugh)
FYI: this is the greatest @missionsmilb side attraction of all time.
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
Tonight's starting lineup for the Missions final regular season home game of the year. The Missions have won two in a row, including a 15-3 performance last night. First pitch at 6:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 25, 2019
- Overton Leads Mound Effort in 6-0 Victory - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Grizzlies down Isotopes 5-3 Sunday - Fresno Grizzlies
- River Cats settle for series split after dropping finale - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Take Series Finale from Albuquerque, 5-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Stifle OKC Offense Sunday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- New Orleans Avoids Sweep with 2-1 Win over Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Beat Express 2-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Sweep OKC Behind Two Home Runs - San Antonio Missions
- Cron Wins It for Reno in 2019 Home Finale - Reno Aces
- Walsh Homers Three Times in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Redbirds Win 14th Game in Last 16 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Drops Series against Nashville - Iowa Cubs
- Lopes Home Run Lifts Sounds over Cubs - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 25, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (60-69) vs. Iowa Cubs (70-61) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (64-67) vs Omaha Storm Chasers (55-75) - Memphis Redbirds
- Preparing for a Playoff Push - San Antonio Missions
- Bees Win 11-7 in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- No Magic for Reno on Wizarding World Night - Reno Aces
- Wright Offers Strong Outing, Rainiers Out-Hit Late by Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Pair of seven-run innings sink River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Score Seven Twice, Roll 18-8 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Brandon Snyder goes deep but Albuquerque beats Fresno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Isotopes Explode for 17 Runs in Victory over Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Missions Open Six-Packs on Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative