'Cats Walk off with 5-4 Win over Chasers
Omaha shortstop Jecksson Flores mashed three hits, including a home run, and drove in three hits while center fielder Bubba Starling extended his hit streak to ten games, however Sacramento second baseman Ryan Howard drove in three runs, including the game-winning run-scoring single in the eleventh inning of the River Cats' 5-4 win over the Storm Chasers on Thursday night at Raley Field.
Flores went deep in the second with a three-run shot, his second of the year, to push Omaha ahead 3-0. Howard one inning later would then leave the yard with a solo blast to cut the defecit to two. Sacramento CF Mike Gerber and DH Henry Ramos then crushed back-to-back jacks in the sixth to even the contest.
The two teams would then swap tallies, including an RBI single from Storm Chasers RF Brett Phillips to plate Flores, to force extra innings. Howard ended the tilt with an RBI single to center on the first pitch of the bottom of the eleventh.
Flores (3-5, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI) posted a game-high three hits, with Phillips (2-5, RBI) adding a mutli-hit effort as well, as all nine Omaha batters recorded at least one knock. Howard (2-5, R, HR, 3 RBI) was joined by Gerber (2-5, R, HR, RBI) and 3B Zach Green (2-4, R, 2 2B) in tallying two hits apiece for Sacramento.
River Cats southpaw Tyler Rogers (2.0 IP, BB, 2 K) tossed the final two scoreless innings to earn the win in support of starter Yoanys Quiala 's (6.0 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 5 K) quality outing. Omaha lefty Richard Lovelady (0.0 IP, H, R, 0 ER) suffered the defeat.
The two teams are set to complete their three-game set on Friday night, with first pitch scheduled for 9:05pm CT. RHP Josh Staumont is anticipated to get the nod for Omaha, while LHP Ty Blach is expected to toe the rubber for Sacramento.
Following their seven-game West Coast road trip, the Storm Chasers return to Werner Park on Thursday, June 20 to start a four-game homestand versus the San Antonio Missions. First pitch of the series opener is set for 7:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online atwww.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Garcia Thrills Sellout Crowd with 10th Inning Walk-Off - Memphis Redbirds
- Rainiers Fall in Hernandez's Rehab Start in San Antonio - Tacoma Rainiers
- Widener Strong for Aces in Texas Standoff - Reno Aces
- Sounds Win in Front of Sellout Crowd - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Use Balanced Offensive Attack to Clinch Series over Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (28-39) vs Salt Lake Bees (30-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (26-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Houston Astros RHP Collin McHugh Expected to Rehab with Round Rock Express on Friday Night - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 14, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Houston Astros 2B Jose Altuve Rejoins Round Rock Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Head Coach Taylor Jenkins to Throw out First Pitch Tomorrow - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cats Walk off with 5-4 Win over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rolling Behind Five Home Runs - San Antonio Missions
- Howard's walk-off hit helps River Cats win fourth in a row - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Edge Grizzlies to Even Series - Iowa Cubs
- New Orleans Ends El Paso Streak - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Cubs bear crawl past Grizzlies 3-2 Thursday night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Diffuse Isotopes in 10-0 Rout - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Held to One Run in Big Loss to San Antonio - Tacoma Rainiers
- Round Rock Notches Series Win in 10-8 Victory over Reno - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Defeat El Paso - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Shut out Isotopes 10-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno Rally Falls Just Short in Texas - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- "Why I Want to Go to College" Writing Contest Winners Announced
- Chasers Charities Announces Robinson Scholarship Winners
- Drive-In Fireworks Return to Werner Park on May 9
- Storm Chasers Join MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign
- Werner Park to be Ready for Opening Night