'Cakes Defeat El Paso
El Paso - Gabriel Guerrero pounded a two run home run and added four hits and four runs batted in as New Orleans defeated El Paso 7-6. The win snapped a nine game losing streak for New Orleans in Southwest University Park dating back to 2014.
The Chihuahuas scored a pair in the first inning touching up New Orleans starter Hector Noesi. The 'Cakes bounced back with the Guerrero home run in the second and added four runs in the third inning. Noesi allowed four runs on five hits and earned his sixth win of the season.
The 'Cakes added a run in the fifth inning with a Guerrero one out single and New Orleans led 7-3. The Chihuahua's the league leading offense would answer with three home runs and scored two in the ninth inning but the rally would fall short and Kyle Keller earns the save.
The Baby Cakes improve to 36-31 on the season.
GAME NOTES- Isan Diaz extended his hitting streak to 14 games. New Orleans improved to 9-14 in one run games. The 'Cakes are in a stretch of 30 of 39 games on the road.
UPCOMING - The 'Cakes and Chihuahuas meet Friday at 8:05pm in second of three game set. RADIO- WODT SPORTS 1280 AM or cakesbaseball.com p
NEXT HOME GAME - The 'Cakes return home Thursday June 20th to play Nashville in a four-game home-stand.
June 13, 2019
New Orleans 7
El Paso 6
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Garcia Thrills Sellout Crowd with 10th Inning Walk-Off - Memphis Redbirds
- Rainiers Fall in Hernandez's Rehab Start in San Antonio - Tacoma Rainiers
- Widener Strong for Aces in Texas Standoff - Reno Aces
- Sounds Win in Front of Sellout Crowd - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Use Balanced Offensive Attack to Clinch Series over Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (28-39) vs Salt Lake Bees (30-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (26-40) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (36-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Houston Astros RHP Collin McHugh Expected to Rehab with Round Rock Express on Friday Night - Round Rock Express
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 14, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Houston Astros 2B Jose Altuve Rejoins Round Rock Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- Grizzlies Head Coach Taylor Jenkins to Throw out First Pitch Tomorrow - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Cats Walk off with 5-4 Win over Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rolling Behind Five Home Runs - San Antonio Missions
- Howard's walk-off hit helps River Cats win fourth in a row - Sacramento River Cats
- I-Cubs Edge Grizzlies to Even Series - Iowa Cubs
- New Orleans Ends El Paso Streak - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Cubs bear crawl past Grizzlies 3-2 Thursday night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Diffuse Isotopes in 10-0 Rout - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Held to One Run in Big Loss to San Antonio - Tacoma Rainiers
- Round Rock Notches Series Win in 10-8 Victory over Reno - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Defeat El Paso - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Dodgers Shut out Isotopes 10-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno Rally Falls Just Short in Texas - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.