Blades sign forward Callander to contract
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades President & General Manager Craig Brush, along with Head Coach Gerry Fleming announced today that forward Preston Callander has been signed to a contract and will join the team for their upcoming games this weekend.
Callander, 27, joins the Everblades after spending the past two seasons playing in the 2nd level German Bundesliga with Wolfsburg. Last season the Regina, Sask. native finished fourth on the club in scoring with 45 points (20g, 25a in 51 regular season games, and chipping in two points (1g, 1a) in seven playoff games. In his first season with Wolfsburg during the 2005-06 season Callander notched 29 points (12g, 17a) in 36 regular season games and tallied three points (1g, 2a) in five post-season contests.
Prior to heading overseas, Callander completed a four-year collegiate career at the University of New Hampshire where he amassed 130 points (62g, 68a) in 149 career games with the Wildcats. His best season came during his senior year in 2004-05 when he helped lead UNH to the Hockey East Finals by registering 54 points (25g, 29a) in 42 games. Callander led the team in goals and his point total ranked second on the club that season. In each of his four years at UNH, the Wildcats reached the NCAA tournament, including a trip to the NCAA Championship game in 2003.
Before skating at the college level, Callander played three seasons at the junior level with the Lincoln Stars of the United States Hockey League. In three season with the Stars he tallied 132 points in 139 games.
Experience the excitement of the Everblades 10th Anniversary season! The Everblades return to action on Friday, December 21 when they host the Columbia Inferno at 7:30 p.m. from the Germain Arena. Individual tickets to all Everblades home games are on sale now! Stop by the Germain Arena box office to reserve your seat for all the exciting action! Visit www.floridaeverblades.com and www.germainarena.com for more information on ticket packages, pricing and upcoming Germain Arena events.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 17, 2007
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings welcome Alaska this week and head back to California after Christmas - Victoria Salmon Kings
- "20 years of the ECHL" Book Available Online - ECHL
- Condors Pick Up Two Points with Win against Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Silverthorn recalled to Iowa - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices For January - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Claim Goalie Jean off Waivers - Atlanta Gladiators
- Beaudoin Called Up To American Hockey League's Iowa Stars - Dayton Bombers
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- Las Vegas Continues Torrid Pace - ECHL
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Devils fight into the third three times, win one - Trenton Devils
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Las Vegas Unbeaten In Regulation Over Last 17 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Flames Reassign Cracknell To Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Phoenix RoadRunners Week In Review - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Augusta Lynx Weekly - Augusta Lynx
- Blades sign forward Callander to contract - Florida Everblades
- Grizzlies Complete Home Stand Tuesday, Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Aggressive Hockey Is Back In Town Saturday - Johnstown Chiefs
- Rats Send Seven Back To Elmira - Elmira Jackals
- Werner Guests on Coach's Show - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Pilkington And Fulghum On Coach's Show Tonight - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Charlotte Checkers Weekly - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers to Wrap Gifts for Salvation Army - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Pick Up Two Wins - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Salmon Kings Tame Falcons In Rematch - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.