Bisons Lose to IronPigs on Walk-Off, 8-7
The Bisons fell to the IronPigs, 8-7, on a walk-off, two-RBI single by Mitch Walding from Coca-Cola Park Wednesday night.
After the Herd battled back from three runs down to eventually take a 7-5 lead, the IronPigs plated three runs in the ninth to win the game. The Bisons were one out away from the victory before Walding won the game for the IronPigs. In the inning, Lehigh Valley had four hits, all singles.
The Bisons came into the ninth with the lead after the Herd summoned a rally that culminated in the seventh. Prior to the rally, the Herd was held hitless through the first three innings of the game.
Dwight Smith Jr. completed the Bisons' comeback when he cracked a go-ahead, two-run home run on a 0-2 pitch, giving the Herd its first lead of the game. Danny Jansen gave Buffalo an insurance run in the ninth after he stroked an RBI-double to left. Smith Jr. scored on the hit after he drew a two-out walk.
Southpaw Ryan Borucki threw seven innings as the starting pitcher. He was in line for the win after the Bisons successfully rallied back but pitched to a no-decision. Borucki gave up five hits and struck out four. He finished his outing on a high note after retiring the final eight batters he faced.
The Bisons now head back to Western New York for a short four-game homestand in Buffalo against Rochester. The Herd will be renamed the Buffalo Wings for the series and first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Thursday night.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Bieber Does as Bieber Does in Game Two Win - Columbus Clippers
- Bisons Lose to IronPigs on Walk-Off, 8-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- First-Place Pigs Earn Walk-Off Victory vs. Buffalo - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Astudillo Homer Helps Wings Snap Losing Streak - Rochester Red Wings
- Red-Hot Knights Shut out the Bulls 1-0 Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Stepehnson's Quality Start Propels Bats' to 7-1 Win - Louisville Bats
- Bulls' Bats Fall Silent in 1-0 Loss to Knights - Durham Bulls
- Chiefs Swept by PawSox After 5-1 Defeat Wednesday - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Come up Short - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Beeks, PawSox Sweep Syracuse with 5-1 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indy Rallies, Beats Toledo by One Run - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Fall After Rain Delay - Toledo Mud Hens
- The Setup: Pigs and Bisons Wrap up Their Four-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Fried Fans 11 in Stripers' 10-2 Win at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- RHP Juan Minaya Promoted to Chicago White Sox Today - Charlotte Knights
- Syracuse Chiefs Weekend Series vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: June 14-17 - Syracuse Mets
- Tides Falter Early in Loss - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 13 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (33-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-24) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons' Announce 'Season of Giving'; Team to Make Ticket Donation with Every Ticket Pack Purchased in December
- Minor League Baseball Named "Most Family Friendly" Per Sports Business Journal Survey
- Rich Baseball Operations President Jonathan Dandes to be Awarded Niagara University's Caritas Medal
- The Long History of Former Bisons as World Series Managers
- Sahlen Field - the New Home of the Herd