Bulls' Bats Fall Silent in 1-0 Loss to Knights
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls dropped their second straight game to the Charlotte Knights Wednesday at the DBAP, falling 1-0.
An RBI single to centerfield by Charlotte's Jacob May was enough for the visitors, as Eddy Alvarez's run held up as the game winner. Durham got the tying run to second base in both the eighth and ninth frames, but stranded the runner both times as the Knights swept the brief two-game set.
Donny Roach (7-2) picked up the victory for Charlotte, spinning seven shutout frames and striking out nine while allowing just one hit. Ryan Weber (2-3) was the tough-luck loser for the Bulls, surrendering one run on five hits over six innings with six strikeouts.
Kean Wong led the Bulls' offense with his second straight two-hit performance, raising his average to a team-best .312. Hunter Wood (1.1 innings) and Adam Kolarek (1.2 innings) combined to hold Charlotte scoreless over the game's final three frames.
The Bulls' homestand continues Thursday when they open a four-game set against the Gwinnett Stripers. RHP Yonny Chirinos (0-0, 3.86) is scheduled to take the mound for Durham, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Bieber Does as Bieber Does in Game Two Win - Columbus Clippers
- Bisons Lose to IronPigs on Walk-Off, 8-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- First-Place Pigs Earn Walk-Off Victory vs. Buffalo - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Astudillo Homer Helps Wings Snap Losing Streak - Rochester Red Wings
- Red-Hot Knights Shut out the Bulls 1-0 Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Stepehnson's Quality Start Propels Bats' to 7-1 Win - Louisville Bats
- Bulls' Bats Fall Silent in 1-0 Loss to Knights - Durham Bulls
- Chiefs Swept by PawSox After 5-1 Defeat Wednesday - Syracuse Chiefs
- RailRiders Come up Short - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Beeks, PawSox Sweep Syracuse with 5-1 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indy Rallies, Beats Toledo by One Run - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Fall After Rain Delay - Toledo Mud Hens
- The Setup: Pigs and Bisons Wrap up Their Four-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Fried Fans 11 in Stripers' 10-2 Win at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- RHP Juan Minaya Promoted to Chicago White Sox Today - Charlotte Knights
- Syracuse Chiefs Weekend Series vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: June 14-17 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Tides Falter Early in Loss - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 13 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (33-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-24) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.