Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.)
Buffalo Bisons (31-26, 2nd (-1.5), North) vs. Lehigh Valley IronPigs (36-28, 1st (+1.5), North)
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 (7:05 p.m.) - Coca-Cola Park
LHP Ryan Borucki (5-5, 3.29) vs. LHP Brandon Leibrandt (2-0, 1.09)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Bisons Radio Network
This evening, the Bisons take on the Lehigh Valley IronPigs for the finale of a four-game series in three days. Following the game, Buffalo will return home as the Buffalo Wings June 14-17 as they host the Rochester Plates.
Last Game 1: BUF 0 LHV 2
RHP Nick Tepesch made his first appearance for the Bisons going 5.0IP with 3H, 2R, BB, and 4 S0's. In the Herd's loss, INF Dwight Smith Jr. hit his 7th double of the season.
Last Game 2: BUF 9 LHV 2
RHP Luis Santos went 4 innings giving up 5H, 2R, BB, and 2 SO's. C Reese McGuire and 1B Rowdy Tellez both contributed to the Herd's win with homeruns in the 2nd and 3rd inning. The Bisons collectively had 13 hits and 9RBI's to secure the win.
Today's Starter: LHP Ryan Borucki
LHP Ryan Borucki is looking to pick up his third road game win of the season. In his last outing against COL, the lefty went 5.2 IP, allowing 5H, 3R, 4BB, 3SO, and 2HR. Borucki will be making his twelfth start of the season to lead the Herd pitching staff. He also leads in several categories including wins (5) and strikeouts (50).
Lehigh Valley (2-4)
The Bisons and IronPigs will play a total of 18 times this season. Following this series in Allentown, PA, Buffalo will host Lehigh Valley at Coca-Cola Field for the first time this season June 22-24.
INF Jason Leblebijian went 2-4 in the second game of yesterday's double header hitting his 4th double of the season, which tied him with Jansen in RBIs for the Bisons with a total of 34. Leblebijian also showed off his speed by picking up his third stolen base on the season. The infielder is ranked third in the IL for most home runs (10).
1B Rowdy Tellez showed off his strength with a solo homerun in the third inning in yesterday's double header. The infielder went 3-4 with 3RBIs and 2R in Game 2.
C Reese McGuire hit a 2-run shot in the 2nd inning contributing to the Bisons 9-2 victory in the second game. He went 2-4 with 3RBI's and 1R continuing his four-game hitting streak.
OF Roemon Fields went 2-3 in yesterday's second game with 1R, 1RBI, 1BB and a 1SB. Fields picked up his 13th stolen base of the season and is now in 2nd in IL standings for most stolen bases.
The Herd is now 7-1 in doubleheader games in 2018. The team swept the first three DHs played, two against Rochester (5/25 and 5/27), and one against Columbus on 6/10.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (30-37) lost the second game against Tampa Bay yesterday 4-1. INF Devon Travis went 1-3 with a RBI. The two teams will meet again this afternoon in the finale of the three-game series. LHP J.A. Happ will start today for Toronto (1:10 p.m.). Following this series, the team then has a scheduled off day on Thursday before welcoming the Washington Nationals for a three-game series at Rogers Centre.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Bieber Does as Bieber Does in Game Two Win - Columbus Clippers
- Bisons Lose to IronPigs on Walk-Off, 8-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- First-Place Pigs Earn Walk-Off Victory vs. Buffalo - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Astudillo Homer Helps Wings Snap Losing Streak - Rochester Red Wings
- Red-Hot Knights Shut out the Bulls 1-0 Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Stepehnson's Quality Start Propels Bats' to 7-1 Win - Louisville Bats
- Bulls' Bats Fall Silent in 1-0 Loss to Knights - Durham Bulls
- Chiefs Swept by PawSox After 5-1 Defeat Wednesday - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Come up Short - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Beeks, PawSox Sweep Syracuse with 5-1 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indy Rallies, Beats Toledo by One Run - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Fall After Rain Delay - Toledo Mud Hens
- The Setup: Pigs and Bisons Wrap up Their Four-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Fried Fans 11 in Stripers' 10-2 Win at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- RHP Juan Minaya Promoted to Chicago White Sox Today - Charlotte Knights
- Syracuse Chiefs Weekend Series vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: June 14-17 - Syracuse Mets
- Tides Falter Early in Loss - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 13 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (33-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-24) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons Announce 2020 Promo Schedule
- Blue Jays Announce Several Minor League Signings Including 2019 Bisons C Patrick Cantwell
- Are You Ready? Huckaby Introduced as New Bisons Skipper
- Former Bisons Skipper Bobby Meacham Joins Phillies Staff
- Bisons' Rob Free Named Chairman of New York State Restaurant Association