The Setup: Pigs and Bisons Wrap up Their Four-Game Set
After a split of a double header last night, the Pigs and Bisons wrap up the series tonight at 7:05 p.m.
Brandon Leibrandt looks for his third win of the season against Ryan Borucki for Buffalo. Today's starting pitching matchup is presented by Allentown Family Foot Care, which provides the latest in medical and surgical treatments of the entire foot and ankle. Learn more at affc.com.
Leibrandt is 2-0 on the season with a 1.19 ERA in 14 games and five starts. Leibrandt's last start came in Charlotte where he did not earn a decision. He went 4 2/3 and allowed five hits and one run while striking out three. He has not earned a decision since May 8 against the Pawtucket Red Sox. Borucki is the number eight prospect in the Blue Jays system according to MLB Pipeline. In one start against the Pigs this season, Borucki is 0-1 and allowed three runs over six innings at Coca-Cola Park.
The Pigs took the first seven-inning contest 2-0 on the back of a complete game by Enyel De Los Santos (7-3). Lehigh Valley scored both its runs in the bottom of the first inning against Buffalo's Nick Tepeshe (0-1).
After the Pigs took an early lead against Buffalo starter Luis Santos (1-0), the Bisons responded with a four-run top of the third against Tom Eshelman (1-6) in a 9-2 victory. Eshelman was lifted after 3 2/3 innings and allowed seven runs on 10 hits.
Click here for the full game recap.
The IronPigs lead the season series with Buffalo 4-2. All six games this season have come at Coca-Cola Park. Lehigh Valley will make their first trip to Buffalo next week for a three game set.
The Bisons lead the all-time series with the Pigs 85-83. Buffalo has won each of the last season series against the Pigs and is 22-17 against Lehigh Valley in the last three years.
TONIGHT AT COCA-COLA PARK
It's Faith Night at Coca-Cola Park. Prior to the game, 3,000 fans 18 and older will receive an IronPigs T-shirt presented by Dorney Park. We are also hosting Ladies Night presented by Sleepy Cat Urban Winery and Bear Creek Mountain Resort.
The 2018 Season is the IronPigs' 11th season at Coca-Cola Park and 11th as the top affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Fans can get closer to the team than ever before with a Bacon, USA membership -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to the annual holiday party, and more. For more information, click here or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Bieber Does as Bieber Does in Game Two Win - Columbus Clippers
- Bisons Lose to IronPigs on Walk-Off, 8-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- First-Place Pigs Earn Walk-Off Victory vs. Buffalo - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Astudillo Homer Helps Wings Snap Losing Streak - Rochester Red Wings
- Red-Hot Knights Shut out the Bulls 1-0 Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Stepehnson's Quality Start Propels Bats' to 7-1 Win - Louisville Bats
- Bulls' Bats Fall Silent in 1-0 Loss to Knights - Durham Bulls
- Chiefs Swept by PawSox After 5-1 Defeat Wednesday - Syracuse Chiefs
- RailRiders Come up Short - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Beeks, PawSox Sweep Syracuse with 5-1 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indy Rallies, Beats Toledo by One Run - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Fall After Rain Delay - Toledo Mud Hens
- The Setup: Pigs and Bisons Wrap up Their Four-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Fried Fans 11 in Stripers' 10-2 Win at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- RHP Juan Minaya Promoted to Chicago White Sox Today - Charlotte Knights
- Syracuse Chiefs Weekend Series vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: June 14-17 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Tides Falter Early in Loss - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 13 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (33-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-24) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.