Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader
In a battle of the top two teams in the IL North, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Buffalo Bisons split a doubleheader Tuesday Coca-Cola Park.
Game 1: The Pigs took the first seven-inning contest 2-0 on the back of a complete game by Enyel De Los Santos (7-3). Lehigh Valley scored both its runs in the bottom of the first inning against Buffalo's Nick Tepeshe (0-1).
De Los Santos continued to dominate the IL with the Pigs' first complete game shutout of the season. Lowering his IL-leading ERA to 1.47, De Los Santos struck out seven and scattered four hits in the outing. This is the fourth time this season that De Los Santos has not allowed a run in an outing and the 10th that he has allowed less than two earned runs.
Trevor Plouffe put the IronPigs on top with a two-out double. After a walk and single by Mitch Walding and Joey Meneses, Plouffe lifted a double past the dive of Buffalo center fielder Anthony Alford to score the only two runs of the game.
Game 2: After the Pigs took an early lead against Buffalo starter Luis Santos (1-0), the Bisons responded with a four-run top of the third against Tom Eshelman (1-6) in a 9-2 victory. Eshelman was lifted after 3 2/3 innings and allowed seven runs on 10 hits.
Buffalo got a pair of home runs by Reese McGuire and Rawdy Tellez in the nightcap. Tellez and McGuire each had three RBI and combined to go 5-for-10.
Dean Anna finished the game with two hits and run scored. Anna also drove in the Pigs' other run.
The Pigs and Bisons wrap up their four game series tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. It's Faith Night at Coca-Cola Park. Prior to the game, 3,000 fans 18 and older will receive an IronPigs T-Shirt presented by Dorney Park. Brandon Leibrandt will start the game for the IronPigs.
The 2018 Season is the IronPigs' 11th season at Coca-Cola Park and 11th as the top affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Fans can get closer to the team than ever before with a Bacon, USA membership -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to the annual holiday party, and more. For more information, click here or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 13, 2018
- Bieber Does as Bieber Does in Game Two Win - Columbus Clippers
- Bisons Lose to IronPigs on Walk-Off, 8-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- First-Place Pigs Earn Walk-Off Victory vs. Buffalo - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Astudillo Homer Helps Wings Snap Losing Streak - Rochester Red Wings
- Red-Hot Knights Shut out the Bulls 1-0 Wednesday - Charlotte Knights
- Stepehnson's Quality Start Propels Bats' to 7-1 Win - Louisville Bats
- Bulls' Bats Fall Silent in 1-0 Loss to Knights - Durham Bulls
- Chiefs Swept by PawSox After 5-1 Defeat Wednesday - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Come up Short - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Beeks, PawSox Sweep Syracuse with 5-1 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Indy Rallies, Beats Toledo by One Run - Indianapolis Indians
- Hens Fall After Rain Delay - Toledo Mud Hens
- The Setup: Pigs and Bisons Wrap up Their Four-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Fried Fans 11 in Stripers' 10-2 Win at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- RHP Juan Minaya Promoted to Chicago White Sox Today - Charlotte Knights
- Syracuse Chiefs Weekend Series vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders: June 14-17 - Syracuse Mets
- Tides Falter Early in Loss - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Lehigh Valley (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 13 - Louisville Bats
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (33-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-24) - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs, Bisons Split Doubleheader - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.