Barret Ehgoetz Wins ECHL's Sportsmanship Award
CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Cyclones, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens and Nashville Predators, learned this morning that forward Barret Ehgoetz has been named the winner of the league's Sportsmanship Award.
The ECHL's Sportsmanship Award is annually presented to the player who is judged to have exhibited the best sportsmanship with a high standard of playing ability. A vote of the league's coaches determines the winner. Ehgoetz becomes the first player in team history to win the honor.
The fifth-year forward from Kincardine, ON has spent the last four seasons in Cincinnati after launching his career with Utah (ECHL) during the 2005-06 campaign. In four seasons with the Cyclones, Ehgoetz holds 21 team records, including the career scoring lead (233 points), games played (269), assists (152), first goals (21), shorthanded goals (eight) and shots on goal (690). He has played for coach Chuck Weber in all five of those seasons.
"Barret Ehgoetz exemplifies what you look for in a hockey player," Head Coach Chuck Weber said. "He is a solid citizen in the community, a leader in the locker room and exceptional player on the ice. The fact that coaches in the ECHL select the winner of the Sportsmanship Award tells you that these traits have been rightfully recognized and rewarded."
The Cyclones host Johnstown for U.S. Bank Fan Appreciation Night tonight at 7:30pm. Hundreds of prizes worth more than $5000 will be given away to fans. Everyone will be able to enjoy one dollar hot dogs, pizza and for those of age- beer, as well.
The opening round of the Cincinnati Cyclones USA Collision Centers postseason will be during the week of April 5 and will be a best-of-five series. The format for Kelly Cup playoff games, opponents and dates will be determined as the postseason approaches. The latest information on the team and playoffs can be found at www.cycloneshockey.com. .
Tickets for the 2010-11 Cincinnati Cyclones season are now on sale. The Cyclones Sales Department can be reached at 513-421-PUCK, extension 3. Selected Friday night games are carried on 1530-AM Homer, while all 72 regular season games can be heard on the club's website at: www.cycloneshockey.com. The next game on ESPN 1530 will come Friday, April 2, when the Cyclones host Johnstown at 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 2, 2010
- Wranglers Overpower Reign, 2-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Falls to Wranglers, 2-1 - Ontario Reign
- Royals Announce Potential Playoff Dates - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Drop Decision In Victoria - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads fall in Bakersfield - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Win Wild One in Wheeling, 7-6 - Reading Royals
- Season high 5 goals in period in 7-6 shootout loss - Wheeling Nailers
- Charlotte Tops Florida 3-1 - Florida Everblades
- Donati brothers record hockey history in Jackals' loss to Devils - Elmira Jackals
- Chiefs lose to Cyclones - Johnstown Chiefs
- Kalamazoo Defeats Toledo on Celebration! Cinema Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Shorthanded, Power-Play And Even-Strength Goals Propel Charlotte To 3-1 Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Cyclones Appreciate Fans In 5-1 Win Over Johnstown - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Edge Gladiators 4-3 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Devils Continue Domination of Elmira, 5-3 - Trenton Devils
- Stingrays Bounce Gladiators 4-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hotham, Hartlieb Return from Rochester - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ontario's Egener, O'Connor Fined - ECHL
- Condors Vs. Idaho - Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Signs Rookie Forward - Idaho Steelheads
- Chiefs' Final Home Game Sold Out - Johnstown Chiefs
- Joey Ryan Assigned To Reading - Reading Royals
- Wheeling Wraps Up The Season This Weekend - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Sign Goaltender Kain Tisi - Reading Royals
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Duchesne Makes NHL Debut - Kalamazoo Wings
- Last Chance For Season Ticket Holders To Reserve Playoff Seats - Elmira Jackals
- Duchesne Becomes 439th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Cincinnati's Ehgoetz Wins Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Barret Ehgoetz Wins ECHL's Sportsmanship Award - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Cross Sticks With Gladiators Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira At Trenton - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Jackals Announce Roster Changes - Elmira Jackals
- Howe Released From Contract - Ontario Reign
- Reign Dropped By Wranglers, 5-2 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.