Aviators Best Chasers 4-2
Omaha third baseman Kelvin Gutierrez mashed his ninth home run of the season to extend his hit streak to ten, however Las Vegas second baseman Sheldon Neuse collected three hits and starting pitcher Sean Manaea fanned ten batters in five-plus innings in the Aviators' 4-2 win over the Storm Chasers on Tuesday afternoon at Werner Park.
Manaea (5.1 IP, 4 H, R, ER, 2 BB, 10 K) set down 12 of the final 13 batters he faced to earn the win as part of a Major League Rehab Assignment, with the lone blemish in that span a fourth-inning free pass. Aviators righty Parker Dunshee (3.0 IP, 2 H, R, ER, BB, 2 K) notched a three-inning save in support of Manaea, while Omaha starter Eric Skoglund (5.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 3 ER, BB, 6 K) suffered the loss.
Neuse (3-4, 2 R, HR, RBI) posted a game-high three knocks, including a first-inning home run, while SS Franklin Barreto blasted Las Vegas' other longball, a two-run shot in the second. SS Trace Loehr (2-3) added a multi-hit effort for the Aviators, while no Storm Chasers batters collected more than one knock.
Over the course of his ten-game hit streak dating back to August 3, Gutierrez is batting .488 (20-41) along with nine runs, three doubles, three homers and 14 RBI, in addition to five walks and a 1.312 OPS. Gutierrez during that stretch has seen his 2019 batting average with Omaha rise 34 points from .258 to .292.
Following an off day on Wednesday, the Storm Chasers embark on their final road trip of the 2019 campaign, starting with a four-game series in Nashville beginning on Thursday, August 15. First pitch of the series opener is slated for 7:05pm CT.
Omaha returns to Werner Park to wrap up the 2019 season with a seven-game homestand from August 26 through September 2 versus Nashville and Round Rock. First pitch of the series opener on Monday, August 26 is set for 7:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Dodgers' Offense Continues to Roll with 10-6 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Top Isotopes 4-2 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Fall, Split Series with Express - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kevin Cron's History Not Enough for Reno in OKC - Reno Aces
- Court Drives Home Two, Tacoma Falls in Final Game at New Orleans - Tacoma Rainiers
- 'Cakes Scale Rainiers to Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (55-65) at Fresno Grizzlies (54-66) - Memphis Redbirds
- Aces, Vitalant Partner to Host Third-Annual Battle of the Badges Blood Drive - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fans Generous in Vitalant Blood Drive - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at El Paso Chihuahuas - San Antonio Missions
- Las Vegas Tops Omaha 7-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aviators Best Chasers 4-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Sweep Bees - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Sweep Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (52-66) at Sacramento River Cats (64-56) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Missions Penultimate Homestand Begins Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host Albuquerque & Reno (August 15-21) - Las Vegas Aviators
- Memphis musters up 6-4 victory over Grizz on Monday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Come from Behind to Clinch Series Win at Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- Webb's River Cats debut spoiled by late Sounds comeback - Sacramento River Cats
- Gettys Launches Pair of Bombs to Pace Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Solak Leads Sounds to Win with Homer in Ninth - Nashville Sounds
- Express End Isotopes Winning Streak - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Take a Bite out of the Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Prevails in 11-6 Victory over Albuquerque - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- "50 Summers" Selected for 14th Annual Baseball Film Festival at National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
- Chasers, USL Omaha Announce Addition of Ryan Querry as Chief Revenue Officer
- Chasers Shut out Express 6-0 in 2019 Finale
- Express Topple Chasers 5-3
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0