Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (52-66) at Sacramento River Cats (64-56)
Game #119: Nashville Sounds (52-66) at Sacramento River Cats (64-56)
Pitching Matchup: LHP Brock Burke (0-0, 1.80) vs. RHP Enderson Franco (6-5, 5.98)
First Pitch: 9:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Brock Burke: 23-year-old Brock Burke starts the series finale for the Sounds tonight. The left-hander is making his 2nd start of the season with Nashville after making his Triple-A debut on August 8 at Fresno. He tied a season-high in strikeouts with 8, going 5.0 innings and allowed 1 run (earned) on 6 hits and 2 walks. The Sounds won 8-6 after scoring 2 runs in the top of the 9th inning. The southpaw went 3-5 with a 3.18 ERA in 9 starts with Frisco in 2019. He also made one minor league rehab start with the AZL Rangers (June 17) and Single-A Hickory (June 24). Over his last three starts with Frisco, Burke has allowed only 2 earned runs on 12 hits in 16 2/3 innings while recording 20 strikeouts. Burke was acquired in a three-team trade from the Tampa Bay Rays on December 21, 2018. He spent the 2018 season with Advanced-A Charlotte and Double-A Montgomery where he went 9-6 with a 3.08 ERA in 25 games (22 starts). MLB Pipeline names Burke as the Rangers #7 prospect. Tampa Bay drafted him in the 3rd round of the 2014 MLB Draft out of Evergreen (CO) High School.
Home Run Count: Despite allowing the third-least amount of home runs in the PCL, Nashville is coming close to setting their franchise record for most homers allowed in a season. As of now, they are on pace to allow 180 dingers in their 139 games. The franchise record is 166 set back in 2008. Offensively, the Sounds are on pace to hit 177 home runs. They are going to be close to the franchise record of 183 at this pace, set in 1999.
Multi-Hitmen: Zack Granite, Ronald Guzmán and Nick Solak each had multi-hit games in Monday night's win at Sacramento. They totaled 7 of the Sounds' 10 hits with Solak leading the way with 3 hits. He was a triple shy of the cycle and hit his 9th home run of the season with Nashville. It was his 22nd home run of the season as a second baseman, ranking second in all of Minor League Baseball at the position (New Orleans' Isan DÃ-az, 26).
What's the word around Nashville?
The Stolen Faces (@thestolenfaces)
Join us at First TN Park this Friday for the @nashvillesounds Woodstock Tribute weekend! Ticket link and info on our website thestolenfaces.com #gratefuldead #nashvilletn
There's so much left to do this Summer, and we're making it easy for ya!
We teamed up with @RQVoyages @nashvillesounds @Cheekwood @KingofPopsNASH @NashvilleShores @LiveOnTheGreen + Nashville Toons to bring you this epic Summer Bucket List Giveaway! do615.com/summer-bucketl...
Louisville Baseball (@LouisvilleBSB)
Louisville Baseball Pro Ball Daily Leaders (August 12th)
- @Nick_Solak (@nashvillesounds)
- @mkill55 (@EugeneEmeralds)
- @joshstowers7 (@ChasRiverDogs)
- @Nickbennett_888 (@TimberRattlers)
#L1C4 | #ProCards
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Dodgers' Offense Continues to Roll with 10-6 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Top Isotopes 4-2 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Fall, Split Series with Express - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kevin Cron's History Not Enough for Reno in OKC - Reno Aces
- Court Drives Home Two, Tacoma Falls in Final Game at New Orleans - Tacoma Rainiers
- 'Cakes Scale Rainiers to Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (55-65) at Fresno Grizzlies (54-66) - Memphis Redbirds
- Aces, Vitalant Partner to Host Third-Annual Battle of the Badges Blood Drive - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fans Generous in Vitalant Blood Drive - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at El Paso Chihuahuas - San Antonio Missions
- Las Vegas Tops Omaha 7-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aviators Best Chasers 4-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Sweep Bees - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Sweep Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (52-66) at Sacramento River Cats (64-56) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Missions Penultimate Homestand Begins Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host Albuquerque & Reno (August 15-21) - Las Vegas Aviators
- Memphis musters up 6-4 victory over Grizz on Monday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Come from Behind to Clinch Series Win at Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- Webb's River Cats debut spoiled by late Sounds comeback - Sacramento River Cats
- Gettys Launches Pair of Bombs to Pace Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Solak Leads Sounds to Win with Homer in Ninth - Nashville Sounds
- Express End Isotopes Winning Streak - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Take a Bite out of the Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Prevails in 11-6 Victory over Albuquerque - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park
- 2020 Nashville Sounds and Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled
- Nashville Sounds Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign