Aces, Vitalant Partner to Host Third-Annual Battle of the Badges Blood Drive
Reno, Nev. - Reno Aces fans, members of the Northern Nevada media market and all community members can join their favorite ballclub in saving lives this summer at Greater Nevada Field through Vitalant. The Reno Aces, in conjunction with Vitalant, can support local first responders and hospital patients by giving blood at the third annual 'Battle of the Badges' blood drive on Wednesday, August 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Greater Nevada Field.
This spirited and friendly competition pits emergency, fire and law enforcement agencies against one another to see which group can garner the most blood donations. Blood drive participants can mention who they would like to support at each blood drive - either "Team Fire," "Team First Responders" (EMTs/Paramedics) or "Team Law." Participants will also receive a limited-edition 'Battle of the Badges' T-shirt and Aces swag.
Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. However, summer is a very challenging season to collect blood due to many reasons including high schools and colleges - the site of many blood drives - on break and routine donors away on vacation.
"We couldn't be more excited to partner with Vitalant this summer," said Communications Manager Jackson Gaskins. "My life was saved because of blood donors through drives like this many years ago. Through this drive, the Reno Aces and Vitalant have the opportunity to save thousands more in our Northern Nevada Community and nationwide."
"The summer is a very challenging time to collect blood due to many reasons so we are thankful for the tremendous support from the Reno Aces to help boost our community's blood supply together," said Scott Edward, Donor Marketing and Communications Director for Vitalant. "Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood, so these blood drives are a big part of our efforts to meet patient needs."
Walk-ins are welcome, but donation appointments are recommended. To schedule an appointment, call (775) 785-6644 or go online to BloodHero.com (Use sponsor code: RenoBattle)
Reno has eight remaining home games left! Tickets are still on sale at www.renoaces.com or by calling (775) 334-7000. Follow the club all season long on Twitter (@Aces) or like the team on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Dodgers' Offense Continues to Roll with 10-6 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Top Isotopes 4-2 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Fall, Split Series with Express - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kevin Cron's History Not Enough for Reno in OKC - Reno Aces
- Court Drives Home Two, Tacoma Falls in Final Game at New Orleans - Tacoma Rainiers
- 'Cakes Scale Rainiers to Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (55-65) at Fresno Grizzlies (54-66) - Memphis Redbirds
- Aces, Vitalant Partner to Host Third-Annual Battle of the Badges Blood Drive - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fans Generous in Vitalant Blood Drive - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at El Paso Chihuahuas - San Antonio Missions
- Las Vegas Tops Omaha 7-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aviators Best Chasers 4-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Sweep Bees - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Sweep Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (52-66) at Sacramento River Cats (64-56) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Missions Penultimate Homestand Begins Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host Albuquerque & Reno (August 15-21) - Las Vegas Aviators
- Memphis musters up 6-4 victory over Grizz on Monday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Come from Behind to Clinch Series Win at Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- Webb's River Cats debut spoiled by late Sounds comeback - Sacramento River Cats
- Gettys Launches Pair of Bombs to Pace Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Solak Leads Sounds to Win with Homer in Ninth - Nashville Sounds
- Express End Isotopes Winning Streak - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Take a Bite out of the Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Prevails in 11-6 Victory over Albuquerque - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Nevada Women's Fund Announces Event Chair, Aces GM Emily Jaenson, Keynote Speaker, Dr. Jen Welter, for 2020 Salute to Women of Achievement Luncheon
- Zack Bayrouty Named New Voice of the Reno Aces
- Hot Stove Luncheon to Feature Former MLB All-Star Orlando Hudson, Josh Barfield
- Chris Cron Back for Second Season at the Helm, Entire Field Staff Returns
- Archie & Truckee to Make Christmas Morning Visit to Renown Children's Hospital