Dodgers' Offense Continues to Roll with 10-6 Win
Oklahoma City - Connor Joe, DJ Peters and Zach Reks each collected three hits and Joe racked up a career-high five RBI as the Oklahoma City Dodgers defeated the Reno Aces, 10-6, Tuesday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The game was tied, 6-6, until the Dodgers scored three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to take the lead for good and earn a split in the four-game series against the Aces.
The Dodgers (57-63) scored 10 or more runs in each of the final two games against Reno, tallying 22 runs and 27 hits over the two games combined.
The Aces (57-64) took the game's first lead Tuesday, however, when Kevin Cron belted a two-run home run out to left field in the first inning for a 2-0 Reno lead.
Oklahoma City answered and took a 4-2 lead in the bottom of the first inning, opening the frame with six straight hits.
Gavin Lux hit a ground-rule double and Austin Barnes followed with a single before Jedd Gyorko lined a RBI single into center as he continued his Major League rehab assignment. Peters followed with a RBI single out to center field to tie the game, 2-2.
A single by Zach Reks followed to load the bases for Connor Joe, who then lined a two-run single into left field for a 4-2 advantage in the first inning.
Reno's Ben DeLuzio hit a solo homer out to left field in the second inning to cut OKC's lead to one run.
In the third inning, a RBI triple by Reks into the right-field corner extended OKC's lead before Joe followed with a RBI single for a 6-3 Dodgers advantage.
Cron homered again in the top of the fifth inning, connecting on a two-run shot to cut OKC's lead to 6-5. Cron then knotted the game, 6-6, when he hit his third home run of the night out to left-center field in the seventh inning.
Cron now has a PCL-leading 36 homers this season and has hit 58 homers with the Aces during his career. He became Reno's all-time home run leader with his first homer of the night Tuesday, passing Mike Jacobs and Brandon Allen.
The Dodgers went on to break the tie with four unanswered runs.
Peters' RBI single in the seventh inning scored Barnes to put the Dodgers ahead, 7-6. Oklahoma City loaded the bases with one out for Joe, who hit a deep single into left-center field that hit the wall, just missing a grand slam, but scored home two more runs for a 9-6 Dodgers lead.
Barnes grounded into a fielder's choice in the eighth inning to score Oklahoma City's 10th run of the night.
Dodgers pitcher Josh Sborz (4-3) picked up the win, allowing one run and one hit over 2.0 innings. He did not issue a walk and recorded four strikeouts, but was also charged with a blown save.
Reno pitcher Marc Rzepczynski (2-3) was charged with the loss, allowing three runs and three hits over one-third of the seventh inning, allowing one walk and one strikeout.
Gavin Lux and Gyorko also finished with multi-hit nights for Oklahoma City as the Dodgers outhit Reno, 16-5.
OKC finished the homestand, 5-2, and improved to 13-5 over the last 18 home games at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
After a league-wide day off Wednesday, the Dodgers next open a four-game road series against the Round Rock Express at 7:05 p.m. Thursday at Dell Diamond.
Live radio coverage of each game begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com and through the free iHeartRadio or MiLB First Pitch apps.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Dodgers' Offense Continues to Roll with 10-6 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Top Isotopes 4-2 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Fall, Split Series with Express - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kevin Cron's History Not Enough for Reno in OKC - Reno Aces
- Court Drives Home Two, Tacoma Falls in Final Game at New Orleans - Tacoma Rainiers
- 'Cakes Scale Rainiers to Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (55-65) at Fresno Grizzlies (54-66) - Memphis Redbirds
- Aces, Vitalant Partner to Host Third-Annual Battle of the Badges Blood Drive - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fans Generous in Vitalant Blood Drive - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at El Paso Chihuahuas - San Antonio Missions
- Las Vegas Tops Omaha 7-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aviators Best Chasers 4-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Sweep Bees - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Sweep Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (52-66) at Sacramento River Cats (64-56) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Missions Penultimate Homestand Begins Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host Albuquerque & Reno (August 15-21) - Las Vegas Aviators
- Memphis musters up 6-4 victory over Grizz on Monday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Come from Behind to Clinch Series Win at Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- Webb's River Cats debut spoiled by late Sounds comeback - Sacramento River Cats
- Gettys Launches Pair of Bombs to Pace Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Solak Leads Sounds to Win with Homer in Ninth - Nashville Sounds
- Express End Isotopes Winning Streak - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Take a Bite out of the Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Prevails in 11-6 Victory over Albuquerque - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League 2020 Season
- Free Stem-Based OKC Dodgers MVP Program Enters Fourth Year
- OKC Dodgers Offering Community Match Ticket Sale During Thanksgiving Week
- LifeShare WinterFest and Snow Tubing Return to Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- OKC Dodgers Announce 2020 Schedule