Las Vegas Tops Omaha 7-6
Storm Chasers center fielder Nick Heath and third baseman Kelvin Gutierrez combined to record four hits and drive in five runs, however Aviators left fielder Seth Brown clubbed two home runs and drove in five runs in Las Vegas' 7-6 win over Omaha on Monday night at Werner Park.
Heath started the scoring with an RBI double in the fifth prior to Gutierrez's two-run double to right-center. The Aviators, however, answered with a trio of tallies in the subsequent frame, two courtesy of Brown's first longball of the night. Heath would then slap a run-scoring double to left to bring home his second run of the game prior to scoring from first on a pair of errors to put the Storm Chasers ahead 5-3.
Las Vegas, though, would immediately strike back again, as Brown smashed his second homer of the night, a two-run blast, to even the contest at 5-5 in the seventh. After Aviators 3B Eric Campbell bashed a go-ahead RBI single to right in the ninth, Brown brought home his fifth run of the game with an RBI double to right for insurance. Gutierrez would record his third and final RBI of the night by lofting a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth.
In addition to Gutierrez (2-3, 3 RBI, BB) and Heath (2-5, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI), RF Brett Phillips (2-3, R, 3B, BB) also recorded a multi-hit effort, including his 13th triple of the season, placing him in a tie for the league lead. Brown (3-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 5 RBI) was joined by CF Dustin Fowler (2-5, R) in tallying multiple knocks for Las Vegas. Gutierrez with his two hits extended his hit streak to nine, during which he owns a .514 mark (19-37) with eight runs, three doubles, two homers and 13 RBI.
Aviators lefty Kyle Lobstein (1.0 IP, H) earned the victory, while Miguel Romero (1.0 IP, 2 H, R, ER) notched his first save. Storm Chasers righty Kyle Zimmer (2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, BB, 4 K) suffered the defeat.
The two squads are set to complete their four-game set with a Tuesday matinee at Werner Park. First pitch is scheduled for 12:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Dodgers' Offense Continues to Roll with 10-6 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Top Isotopes 4-2 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Fall, Split Series with Express - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Kevin Cron's History Not Enough for Reno in OKC - Reno Aces
- Court Drives Home Two, Tacoma Falls in Final Game at New Orleans - Tacoma Rainiers
- 'Cakes Scale Rainiers to Take Series - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (55-65) at Fresno Grizzlies (54-66) - Memphis Redbirds
- Aces, Vitalant Partner to Host Third-Annual Battle of the Badges Blood Drive - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Fans Generous in Vitalant Blood Drive - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at El Paso Chihuahuas - San Antonio Missions
- Las Vegas Tops Omaha 7-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aviators Best Chasers 4-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Sweep Bees - Iowa Cubs
- Cubs Sweep Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (52-66) at Sacramento River Cats (64-56) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Missions Penultimate Homestand Begins Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Host Albuquerque & Reno (August 15-21) - Las Vegas Aviators
- Memphis musters up 6-4 victory over Grizz on Monday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Redbirds Come from Behind to Clinch Series Win at Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- Webb's River Cats debut spoiled by late Sounds comeback - Sacramento River Cats
- Gettys Launches Pair of Bombs to Pace Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Solak Leads Sounds to Win with Homer in Ninth - Nashville Sounds
- Express End Isotopes Winning Streak - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas Take a Bite out of the Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Round Rock Prevails in 11-6 Victory over Albuquerque - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Shutout Bees - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.